We all know the importance of windows updates. With each new update comes something new. It could be anew security update, a privacy modification, bug fix, additional feature, great interface, etc. It could be literally anything, essentially an update is something that enhances the user experience. Unfortunately, you sometimes have to face an issue just because of the update. Well, you cannot completely blame it on the update. Usually, such errors generate because of improper installation. One such error is the windows update error 80244019.
Windows errors can be frustrating. It is hard to cop up with windows updates because they are mandatory. You can only keep skipping them temporarily but eventually, you have to install them. In such a scenario all your time is wasted in finding the solutions to errors like windows update error 80244019 servers 2012.
There is nothing to worry though. You are at the right place. We will help you figure out the right solution to this error. All you have to do is to follow our methods. So, without any further delay let’s kick out this error of yours.
What are the solutions to windows update error 80244019?
You can rectify this error using a number of methods. You just have to follow each solution one by one until you find the correct solution. Also, create a backup of your files to reduce data loss.
Solution 1: Windows Update troubleshooter
Windows update troubleshooter is truly a magnificent tool that has the caliber to eliminate such errors. Here is how you can use this tool.
- Firstly, you have to simultaneously press the windows+I keys.
- Now, select the update&security tab.
- You next choose the Troubleshoot tab and then select windows update.
- Finally, choose to run the troubleshooter. The troubleshooter will start troubleshooting the error.
When the troubleshooting is done, you have to reboot your computer.
Solution 2: Windows update components
The essential windows update components can have a little trouble once in a while. We just have to reset them to eradicate the issue.
- At first, simultaneously hold the Windows + R keys. Now type in services.msc and select Ok.
- Next, choose the services console tab. Click on stop.
- You have to cease the windows update, BITs, Superfetch services.
- Now, in windows explorer go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download
- Delete all the files that are located in this folder.
- Visit C:\Windows\System32 in windows explorer. Right-click on the cartoot2 folder and rename it as cartoot2.bak.
- Again go and restart the services that we just ceased.
- Don’t forget to restart your computer to save the changes.
Also Read, How To Fix Windows Update Error 0x80080005?
Solution 3: Try Updating windows manually
The windows update gets stuck. We have to give it a little push to get things back on track. Here is how you can update the windows operating system manually.
- First, type windows update on the search bar of your start menu.
- Now, choose the first result that pops up.
- Next, you have to click on the update the windows option. The version you choose has to be of the same specification as that of your device.
- From the list of versions select the latest version.
- Finally, restart your computer.
Solution 4: Register system files
Here is how you have to conduct this method.
- Launch run window by pressing the Windows +R keys.
- Execute these two commands one by one.
regsvr32 Qmgr.dll /s regsvr32 Qmgrprxy.dll /s
- Restart your computer.
Solution 5: Check your antivirus
The antivirus you have installed may tend to block the update of windows. You have to either configure it in such a manner that it does not interfere with the basic windows functions or you can uninstall the antivirus temporarily. You just have to remove the software until the update is complete. So, you may try this solution to rectify the error 80244019 windows update.
Solution 6: Windows data execution prevention
For many users, turning on DEP has given great results. So you can try out this polar solution too. Here is how you can do this.
- First of all, launch the run window using Windows+R keys.
- In the box simply type sysdm.cpl
- Hit the enter key.
- Now click on the advanced tab. Next click on Settings, later choose Data Execution Prevention.
- Enable the Turn on DEP for Essential Windows Programs and Services only option.
- Click on Apply.
- You will have to restart your computer to save the changes.
Solution 7: Conduct an SFC scan
SFC scan is a great in-built tool that can repair the damaged files. To perform an SFC scan, open the command window and type sfc/scannow. Type the command %WinDir%\System32\dllcache. The scan will start. Wait till it is over. Don’t close the window till the scan gets to 100%.
You will be notified about the repair. Restart your computer as a final step.
Hopefully, we could help out in solving your error. Check out other articles on our website to get more knowledge about different types of errors.