The windows update errors are nerve-wracking and agitating. A trivial issue can cause huge havoc and you will not be able to complete your work. Not only that, your day is ruined because you now have to find the solution to these types of errors. Such an error is the windows 7 update error 80072ee2.
Fortunately, it is not that complex to rectify this error. Just because we are here to help you out. In this article, we will discuss in-depth about windows 7 update error 80072ee2. Also, we will figure out the best ways to demolish this error. So, stick around till the end because you have to try out each solution until you find the correct one.
Without any further ado let’s jump straight into it.
What is Windows update error 80072ee2?
The windows error 80072ee2 is a common error. It takes place in all the modern Windows versions. This error generally occurs when you try to install the windows updates with the help of a local WSUS server. It can also take place when you try to download the windows update directly from the Microsoft website.
Now that we know what this error is, it is time for us to find out the solutions to the error 80072ee2 windows 7 64 bit.
Solutions of windows 10 update error 80072ee2
There are multiple solutions to this error. You are required to carry out each method one by one until you find the one that works out best for you. Before starting the methods, ensure that your date and time settings are intact.
Solution 1: Internet Connection
Most users have this issue. Their internet might not be getting enough speed that can cope up with the windows update. The windows update requires a decent amount of ping to perform the tasks. So, you have to ensure that you are having a steady and strong connection. Also, check if you are connected to the internet properly or not. If you see any kind of fluctuations then you should contact your service provider.
Solution 2: Use the update troubleshooter in windows 10
You just have to use the windows update troubleshooter. This in-built tool will automatically detect the issue on your computer. Then it will repair it. To do this, you have to follow these instructions.
- First of all, open windows settings using the Windows + I keys. Navigate to Update and security – Troubleshoot.
- Now, you have to select the option of Windows update. You will see a button named as run the troubleshooter, select it.
- It will take a few minutes for the troubleshooter to complete the process. Wait till it gets completed.
- Once it is done, you have to restart your computer.
Solution 3: Firewall settings
Sometimes your firewall may interrupt the windows update. So, it is essential that you check the firewall settings are correct. Otherwise, it will create a blockade for the windows update and this error will automatically arise.
Also, you will have to check whether you are using a proxy server. In case you do, then you have to check by opening the internet explore. Sometimes proxies username and password, so you have to disable it for time being.
Try updating your windows after performing the above-mentioned tasks.
Solution 4: Resetting the proxy server settings
You may require to reset the proxy server settings. This will help you from the blockade caused by the proxy servers. This in turn creates the windows 7 update error 80072ee2. So here is how you can do this.
- First of all, open your start menu and type in the command prompt.
- Simply open the command prompt and execute the following commands one by one.
netsh winhttp reset proxy
netsh winhttp import proxy source=ie
- You can also change proxy server settings manually. Do it only if you are aware of what the proxy server address and connection port are.
- Now, you just have to restart the windows update service by executing this command.
net stop wuauserv & net start wuauserv
Solution 5: Re-registering the DLL files
The DLL ( Dynamic linked libraries) are the files that are responsible for the windows updates. If they get broken or go corrupted, then you will definitely face different types of update errors on your windows. So, let’s see how can restart them. Just follow these instructions.
- First of all, you have to open the command prompt in administrator privileges mode.
- Now, paste the commands one by one to re-register the DLL files.
- The next step that you will have to carry out is ceasing the windows update service. Then you will have to clear out the cache. So, let’s see how you can do that.
- The initial step is to press the Windows+R keys simultaneously.
- A list will appear in front of you, you just have to look for windows update services.
- When you spot it, you have to click on it and select stop.
- The next step that you have to do is to launch the Windows explorer and then navigate to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution. You just have to delete everything that is inside this folder.
- Now, you have to get back to the services window and re-start the Windows update service.
By doing this, we basically force windows to re-download these update files.
Solution 6: Windows update agent
The current windows agent and update services settings have to be resettled in this method. To do this you have to download ResetWUEng.cmd from Microsoft TechNet Gallery. Remember to run it as an administrator.
First, you will have to choose item number 2. This will reset the windows update components. You just have to follow the instructional window to do so. After the process is complete, you have to choose item number 17. This will restart your computer and in turn, the changes will be saved.
Solution 7: Changing MTU Settings
This another reason that can cause the error 80072ee2. Your MTU settings may not be intact. So, you can check the status of your MTU settings, using the following command.
netsh interface ipv4 show subinterfaces
If the default value for the main network LAN is something other than 1492, you will have to change it to 1492. To do this use the next command.
netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "Ethernet" mtu=1492 store=persistent
After changing the value, you will have to reboot your computer to save the changes.
Solution 8: In the case of Hyper-V windows
There are several instances where you can encounter the windows update error code 80072ee2. Especially, if you are using a Hyper-V window. So, don’t worry, we have got your back. We have the solution for it. To do this you have to cry out these steps.
- First of all, on the Hyper-V host open the Device Manager.
- Now, open the properties of the physical network card.
- Navigate to the advanced tab, Here you have to turn off the two settings named as Large Send Offload V2 (IPv4) and Large Send Offload V2 (IPv6).
Just save the changes and try for a new update search on the virtual machine.
Solution 9: Manually Update Windows
Another viable option is to download the windows update manually and then install it. To do this, you just have to open your start menu and type in windows update in the search bar. After that, you have to click on the result that appears. Now, you will see a button to update the windows. Click on that. You will see a window as below.
- Just select the first option. Wait for the download to finish.
- You just have to click on the setup to start the installation process.
- Follow the instructional window to complete the process.
- You may have to restart your computer to save the changes.
So, these were the solutions to this error. Hopefully, we could help you out in eradicating this error of yours. Also, don’t forget to check out other articles on our website. They will surely be productive and informative to you.