This is yet another windows update error. The windows update errors are pretty common. Most people face it while updating or installing a new release from Microsoft. The windows update error 0x8024a105 is one such error. You will usually encounter this error because of improper installation, damaged files, malware or virus attack, etc.
This error comes with an error message that states there were some issues while installing the updates. Anyway, you don’t have to wreck your nerves worrying about this error. We will help you in solving it. With the help of this article, you will learn all the possible ways to fix the windows update error (0x8024a105).
So, without any further ado let’ get this thing done.
How to solve error 0x8024a105?
You have to follow each solution until you find out the one that works out well for you.
Solutions of 0x8024a105 windows 10 update
Solution 1: Reboot your computer
This may sound like a very trivial solution to you but statistically, this is the most efficient solution to this error. Sometimes, after the installation and update of some applications, your system demands a restart. If you don’t provide it, then there is a huge chance that you may have to face this error. Plus it is very simple to carry out this method.
All you have to do is to press the Alt+F4 keys simultaneously and then select the restart option. Your system will be restarted. You may check if the error still exists or not. If it does, then you would want to try the next solution.
Solution 2: Using Restoro the advanced repair tool
This is a very powerful tool. You just have to download and install it. Restoro can help you scan, update, and resolve the issues on your computer. Let’s have a look at how to do that.
- First of all, you have to download restoro.
- After downloading the file. Click on it and start the installation process. Also, agree to the user license agreement.
- Now, when the installation is over launch the application.
- As soon as you do that, restoro will start scanning your computer.
- It will also mention the error that is occurring on your computer.
- After the scan is complete, you have to click on the start repair option.
- The tool will start its job of repairing the files. You will be notified once it has been done.
Solution 3: Internet Connection
You have to check if your internet connection is intact or not. Mostly, this error occurs because of poor internet connectivity. Make sure that you are getting stable and strong ping. In case you are having trouble with your internet connection then you will have to contact your service provider.
Also Read, How to Fix Windows Error 80072ee2?
Solution 4: Windows update Trouble Shooter
The windows update troubleshooter is a powerful inbuilt tool. It can detect and resolve issues very quickly. Here is how you are supposed to do this.
- First of all search for windows update in your search bar.
- Now, in the left pane select troubleshoot.
- You will see the option of windows update. After clicking on it you will see a button named run the troubleshooter.
- The troubleshooter will search for the issue on your computer. If it finds any then the troubleshooter will repair it automatically. You just have to wait till the process is over.
Solution 5: Windows software Distribution files
The software distribution file is a windows update component. We will have to reset it in order to rectify this error. Let’s see how we can do it.
- First of all, run the command prompt as an administrator.
- Now, you have to run these commands one by one in the command prompt.
net stop bits net stop wuauserv
- The next step is to open the run window. To do this press the Windows Key + R key.
- In the search bar enter C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution
- Now, you will have to delete all the files that are located in this folder.
- Again go back to the command prompt and run these commands.
net start bits net start wuauserv
- Simply restart your computer and then try updating your windows again.
Solution 6: DISM scan
- To conduct a DISM scan, firstly open the command prompt.
- Now, in the command prompt, you have to execute this command.
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
- The DISM tool will carry out a scan and eliminate all the unnecessary damaged files.
- You will have to restart your computer once the scan is complete.
Solution 7: Resetting the Catroot2 folder
- To do this, open your command prompt. Now, execute the following commands.
net stop cryptsvc md %systemroot%system32catroot2.old xcopy %systemroot%system32catroot2 %systemroot%system32catroot2.old /s
- Just delete all the files in the catroot2 folder.
- You can find this folder by putting this file destination in the run window(Windows+R)
- Now, again open the command prompt and type this command.
net start cryptsvc
- Restart your computer after performing these tasks.
Solution 8: Manually install windows update
You simply have to type windows update in the search bar of your start menu. Now, click on the result that appears. You will be redirected to a web page. Here, you have to select the latest version that suits your device specifications. Now, click on the download button next to it. Let the download finish. Once the download is complete, click on the setup and install it.
These were the solutions to the windows update error 0x8024a105. Hopefully, your error was rectified after executing our methods. Also, check out other articles on our website. They will be really helpful for you.