Windows errors are very common nowadays. Most people face it and there are a lot of varieties in them but essentially it is all the same. These update errors come with different types of numbers and terminologies. Such an error is the windows update error 0x80070424.
These windows errors could be really annoying. You have all the right to get furious because all your work is ceased just because of this error. Plus, these types of windows errors show up out of the blue without any prior warning. There is nothing much you can do if you don’t know the right set of steps to resolve this error.
Anyway, you don’t have to get all nerve wrecked about the 0x80070424. Just because we are here to shed light on this error. Here you will figure out the perfect solution in just a matter of time. So, without any delay let’s get this article started!
What are the solutions for error 0x80070424?
There are multiple solutions to windows error 0x80070424. You just have to perform the solutions one by one until you find the correct solution that works for you. Here they are.
Solutions to windows error 0x80070424
Solution 1: Using Windows Update troubleshooter
The windows update troubleshooter is a dynamic tool that can eradicate all types of windows update issues automatically. Let’s see how you can do it.
- Firstly, you have to simultaneously press the windows+I keys.
- Next, select the update&security option.
- Now you have to choose the Troubleshoot option and then select windows update.
- Finally, you have to choose to run the troubleshooter. The troubleshooter will get launched.
When the troubleshooting process is complete, you have to restart your computer.
Also Find, How to fix Avast Update Error 1316?
Solution 2: Reset Windows update components
There is a huge chance that the disordered windows update component is causing all these troubles. So, to correct this, we will have to reset it properly. To do this, just follow these instructions.
- Initially, press the Windows + R keys simultaneously. Type in services. msc and then click Ok.
- Next, right-click the services console window and then choose stop.
- Cease the windows update, BITs, Superfetch services.
- Now, you just have to visit C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download
- Delete every single file in the folder.
- The next step is to navigate to this file destination C:\Windows\System32. You will have to rename the cartoot2 folder as cartoot2.bak.
- Simply restart the services that you previously stopped.
- Restart your computer in order to save the changes.
Solution 3: SFC scan
You simply have to run an SFC scan to clear this error. First of all, open the command window and type sfc/scannow. Now, enter the command %WinDir%\System32\dllcache. After doing this, the scan will automatically start. Wait till it is complete. You are not supposed to shut the window down till it reaches 100%.
A message will appear that indicates that the corrupted files have been repaired. Just restart your computer when the process is complete.
Solution 4: Update windows manually
If none of the above-mentioned solutions worked, then you can update the windows manually to resolve the 0x80070424 windows 10. To do this, you will have to enter windows update on the search bar of your start menu. Now, click on the result. Next, you will see the option to update the windows. Click on it. Finally, you will have to choose the latest version of the windows from the tab that opens up. Also, check if the windows version and your device have compatible specifications or not.
You will have to restart your computer after the update is over. Check if the windows update error 0x80070424 still exists or not.
Solution 5: DISM tool
Well, don’t worry, it is an inbuilt tool, you don’t have to specially download it or anything. The Deployment Image Servicing and Management is a tool that can be used to repair setups and damaged files. With the help of this tool, we can repair the files that are causing windows to update error 0x80070424. Here’s how you can perform this.
- Firstly, in the search bar of the startup menu. Search for command prompt.
- Now, when the result appears, right-click on the command prompt and then select run as administrator.
- You have to enter the following command in the command prompt.
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Press enter.
- By doing this the damaged windows update files will be repaired.
- In case, the above command fails to repair the files, enter the following command.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:\RepairSource\Windows /LimitAccess
- You have to check if the error is still there or not.
Solution 6: Registering system files
We will have to register the system files because they are vital for downloading the .dll files in one single package. This will eventually rectify the (0x80070424) error. So, here is you can perform this.
- Open run windows by pressing the Windows +R keys.
- Put these two commands one by one.
regsvr32 Qmgr.dll /s regsvr32 Qmgrprxy.dll /s
- Simply, restart your computer.
Solution 7: Use command prompt as admin
- Open the command prompt as an admin. Just press the Windows + X keys.
- In the command prompt, you have to execute these commands one by one.
net stop wuauserv net stop cryptSvc net stop bits net stop msiserver Ren C:WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old Ren C:WindowsSystem32catroot2 Catroot2.old net start wuauserv net start cryptSvc net start bits net start msiserver
- Once you run these commands, you have to check if the error still exists or not.
These were the solutions to code: 0x80070424. Hopefully, we could resolve your issue. We genuinely hope that you will check out other articles on our website. They will surely be useful to you.