Windows update is an awesome thing that Microsoft provides free to its users. It contains all kinds of upgrades related to security, privacy, drivers, bug fixes, interface, etc. This means it is vital that you conduct these updates whenever they get released. They contain potential upgrades related to the bugs that your device may contain. Nevertheless, even after updating your windows, you may still face some errors. These errors occur during the update process. Such an error is the potential windows update database error detected 2021. The Potential windows update database error detected in Windows 10 usually occurs when you run the Windows Update troubleshooter while having corrupted system files. Another reason could be that Windows update is not being able to access the C:\Windows folder.
Unfortunately, this error does not provide any further details. The interesting thing is that how severe this error may prove to be, there is always a solution to it. Especially, with our help, you can kick this error ut within just a matter of time.
In this article, we will learn more and more about potential windows update database errors detected not fixed windows 10. Moreover, we will figure how to fix potential windows update database errors detected.
So, without any further delay let’s get into it.
How to fix potential windows update database error detected
There are a number of ways to fix this error. You just have to follow each method one by one until you find out the solution that works the best for you. Also, don’t forget to backup all your data before performing the methods that have been mentioned below.
Methods to Troubleshoot potential windows update database error detected
Follow each step of each solution carefully to avoid any kind of chaos.
Solution 1: Run the windows update troubleshooter
This is a very effective method to resolve the Windows errors related to updates. The troubleshooter automatically detects the issue and then resolves it by itself. You just have to run the troubleshooter. It will do its work. Here is how you can perform this method.
- First of all, open the control panel.
- After that, you have to select the update&security section.
- Now click on the Troubleshoot option. Then choose the windows update option.
- The next step is to run the troubleshooter. The troubleshooter will start its work automatically.
Check if the errors still persist or not. If it does then move on to the very next solution.
Solution 2: Using the DISM tool
Well, don’t worry, it is an inbuilt tool, you don’t have to specially download it or anything. The Deployment Image Servicing and Management is a tool that can be used to repair setups and damaged files. With the help of this tool, we can try repairing the files that might be causing this error. Let’s have a look at how to do that.
- Firstly, in the search bar of the startup menu. Search for command prompt.
- Now, when the result appears, right-click on the command prompt and then select run as administrator.
- You have to enter the following command in the command prompt.
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Press enter.
- By doing this the damaged windows update files will be repaired.
- In case, the above command fails to repair the files, enter the following command.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:\RepairSource\Windows /LimitAccess
- You have to check if the error is still there or not.
Solution 3: Refresh the system
- To do this, first press Windows + I keys simultaneously. The settings app will open up.
- Click the General tab.
- You have to scroll down till you find the Refresh your PC without affecting your files option.
- Just follow the instructions and you are good to go.
- It will take about 30 minutes for the process to complete.
- After it is done, you have to reboot your system.
Solution 4: Try the system file checker or SFC scan
Another powerful inbuilt tool that is capable of repairing the corrupted files is the SFC. By running this scan you will be able to optimize the damaged files. Here is how you can carry out this scan.
- Simultaneously. press the Windows +X keys. Now, select the option of Command Prompt (Admin). It is also named PowerShell (Admin) on some devices.
- Now, in the command prompt type in sfc /scannow and then hit the enter key.
- Your SFC scan will start automatically. It is vital to remember that this scan will take about 15 minutes to get finished.
- It will detect the issue and then repair the files by itself.
- After the completion of the SFC scan, you will have to perform the DISM scan again. The steps for that have been mentioned earlier.
Solution 5: Re-establish the essential windows components
This is a solution that has a very high caliber. You can reset the windows components and check if the error still persists or not. To do this you have to run the following commands properly. Remember you have to type in each command one at a time.
Solution 6: Try a clean boot of your system
There are instances when this error arises due to third-party applications. The third-party application blocks the update. You just have to conduct a clean boot to eliminate this issue. Let’s see how to do it.
- You have to press the windows+ R keys to open the run window.
- In the run Window you have to type in misconfig and then press enter. Later click Ok.
- Now, navigate to the services tab and tick Hide all Microsoft services.
- You have to click on the Disable all button.
- Go to the Startup tab and click on Open Task Manager.
- A list will appear. You just have to right-click on all applications and select disable.
- Time for you to go back to system configuration and click on apply and then on Ok.
This will save the changes. Also, you will have to restart the system after completing the process.
So, these were the elaborative solutions to this error. Also, if these solutions worked out well for you do check out other posts by us. They will surely be informative and productive for you.
Also Find, How to fix Java Update Error 1603