How to update QuickBooks to the latest version? Is that the thing that concerns you? Well, then you could not be in a better place than this. In this post, you will learn how to keep Quickbooks Desktop up to date to it’s latest version. There are two options to update the Quickbooks software, you can either update it manually or you can update it automatically. The moment you turn on the automatic updates, Quickbooks will make the updates at times on its own. It will also install these updates automatically.
If you wish to perform the updates yourself then you should consider checking the latest update releases at least once a month. Luckily, in this article, we will discuss how to do both the automatic and manual updates. So, this is going to be a very pragmatic article that sheds light on everything that is related to this particular subject.
So, first things first. Before you get to know how to update Quickbooks Desktop, you should know what Quickbooks is. Quickbooks is brilliant accounting software that manages the accounts of medium and small-sized businesses. It is fully equipped with a set of magnificent tools that have a high caliber to deal with your everyday financial requirements. Using Quickbooks you can create reports, real-time statistics, payroll updates, and much more.
You can also check if you already have the latest version of Quickbooks like this. Open your Quickbooks desktop software. Now just press F2 or Ctrl1 in order to open the product information window. Here you will see the version of your software. You can determine the same by visiting Intuit’s official website.
Now, if you don’t have the latest version of Quickbooks then you will need to update it. As said earlier, there are two ways to do it. Either manually or automatically. Let’s see how to set the updates on automatic mode first.
Update QuickBooks desktop automatically
Quickbooks can be updated automatically and it is not that difficult to do it. Let’s see how to do it.
- First, you need to open the Quickbooks Desktop software.
- You need to open the menu named Help. Now you need to choose Update Quickbooks Desktop.
- Now, you will have to navigate to the Update Now tab. You can also tick the reset update section to reset all the previously downloaded updates.
- Simply select the get updates tab for the download to get started.
- As soon as the download gets finished you will have to restart your computer.
- If asked you will have to accept the option in order to proceed further.
Automatic updates in the future
A great feature of Quickbooks is that you can actually schedule the update. In case you don’t want the update to occur immediately but you do want it to get updated automatically – then you have the opportunity to do it later at any instance. Here’s how you can do it.
- You have to visit the Help menu and then choose the option of Update Quickbooks Desktop.
- Now, navigate to the tab named options.
- Just select yes to turn the automatic updates on.
- Finally, press on Close.
Update QuickBooks desktop Manually
- The very first step for you is to close all the company files and Quickbooks application window.
- Next, open the Start menu of Windows.
- Now, search for Quickbooks Desktop in the search area. You have to right-click on the Quickbooks icon and select run as an administrator.
- In the QuickBooks, application go to Help and then click on Update Quickbooks Desktop.
- In the tab named options. Choose Mark All and finally select the option Save.
- You have to go to the Update Now tab and then choose the Reset update checkbox.
- Now, when you are ready for the update hit Get updates.
After the download is finished, you have to install the software. Once the software is installed you will have to restart your computer.
Also, keep in mind that if you have a payroll subscription then you will have to download the very latest version of the payroll table.
Quickbooks Update directly from the website
There are ways through which you can download the updates directly from Intuit’s website. It is also an easy way of updating Quickbooks software. Let’s have a look at how to do it.
- Firstly, go to the downloads and updates page on Intuit’s website.
- In the select country tab, you have to select your country.
- Select Product is where you select the product you want to download.
- In the select version tab, you can select the version that you desire to download.
- Now, you have to select the option of search.
- Finally, you will have to select the tab named Get updates.
- Also, remember to save the file somewhere where you can easily find it.
So, that’s how you can update your Quickbooks without any hassle. These are the only ways through which (QuickBooks pro update) you can update your Quickbooks Desktop software. From this, you can select whether you want to conduct your updates manually or automatically. It all depends on your personal choice. However, ensure to check system configuration before updating Quickbooks Software to avoid Quickbooks Update Error 1603.