Quickbooks Online Error 9999 is a kind of QB’s error that is witnessed when a user is trying to change and update the account and banking details of the business on the QBs company file. From this basic definition to each and every related aspect will be included in this post. But first, we will let you know a bit about QuickBooks.
QuickBooks, by Intuit, came to make the finance work & management easy. The developers were successful in their aims of making it one of the best management applications in the world. From small to medium-scale firms and start-ups, it is covering all of the markets. It aids the businesses in their managerial tasks, creating financial reports and tax bills, organizing clients’ and employees’ data, and management of other stocks.
Even with such upgraded features, there are still many users not accepting this software. Various bugs, glitches, technical issues, errors like network and connectivity errors, installation errors, update errors, etc. are present while working with the software. These problems cause hindrance in your hassle-free work. But do not worry even a bit as we are here for you to help with every problem that you are facing. With this post, we will talk about an online error named QuickBooks Online Error 9999. Let us start now with our topic for the day.
QuickBooks Error Code 9999: Introduction
The Quickbooks Online Error 9999 exists in your system due to the interruption between the QuickBooks server and the bank’s server. In case a user changes, updates, or refreshes the bank server and account details of the firm on the company file, this online error will be seen. Once this error comes into your system, then this type of text will be read: Apologies, we can’t refresh your record. Whenever this happens, you will be blocked from updating the bank details, accessing bank transactions, etc.
With such problems, you must be in a hurry to quickly fix this error but we will look into the matter of why such an error exists. Error Code 9999 QuickBooks online and its causes are listed below.
Quickbooks Online Error 9999: Why Does it Happen?
- Connection failure in the bank server & the Intuit server.
- Poor network setup and internet connection.
- Firewall configuration restricts the proper operations in QuickBooks and thereby causes the error.
- Attack by viruses and other threat activity affects the Widows system.
- At times, the antivirus can be one of the causes.
- The presence of cookies in the browser.
- Not a correct installation carried out and downloading of the pirated QuickBooks software.
- Windows registry files damaged due to missing and lost components.
- Missing QuickBooks-related files or QBs files and programs mistakenly deleted.
QuickBooks Online Error 9999: How to Identify?
It is quite important for you to understand the kind of error you are facing so you can take the proper actions on the specific error. To identify the Error 9999 QuickBooks, read below.
- In case of this error existing in the system, the QuickBooks online user will not be able to connect with the bank’s server.
- Your browser freezes from time to time.
- QuickBooks Online Error 9999 message comes on the desktop screen.
- Operations in QuickBooks do not work properly.
- Windows crashes consequently.
- Input devices become sluggish in their functions.
How To Repair the QuickBooks Online Error 9999?
After finding the error 9999, we need to troubleshoot the online error at the earliest. So, we are providing you with the easiest solutions for quickly solving this error. They are:
Method 1: Remove the Unwanted Sites
- First, open the Internet Explorer browser and tap on the option of Favorite.
- You will now click on the History tab.
- Now, select the option named Filter to analyze the history with unwanted sites.
- Mark all those unwanted sites.
- After that, do a right-click on it and tap on the option named Delete.
- Lastly, access QuickBooks to check the prevalence of the error.
Method 2: Clear Search History And Cookies
- The first step is to open the Internet Explorer browser and go to the Favorites option within it.
- Now, tap on the History tab.
- Navigate to the menu and select History.
- Mark the websites that you want to delete and do a right-click on them.
- Choose the option of Delete.
Method 3: Link QuickBooks Online
- First, you have to discontinue the already existing QuickBooks online account.
- Now, tap on Edit.
- Navigate to the Edit Account Info.
- After that, click on the option of Disconnect this account on Save.
- Select Save and then tap on Close.
- Now, you need to switch back to the QuickBooks dashboard and renew the link.
- Go back to the QBO account to link it again.
- Finally, you will be able to check all your updated transactions in the QuickBooks Online account.
Method 4: Repair Registry File and Backup Key
- First, go to the start menu and in the search field, write up Command.
- Now, use the Ctrl+Shift key together with the Enter key on the keyboard.
- A window comes and you have to click on Yes.
- After that, type in Regedit in the blank space and hit Enter.
- Choose a key related to the Quickbooks online error 9999 code in QBs that you want to back up.
- Within the File menu, choose the Option named Export.
- Now, save the QuickBooks key by selecting the Folder.
- Type up a name for the backup file and make sure to select a branch.
- Save the file in the .reg extension.
- Finally, create a backup of the registry entries related to QBs.
Method 5: Report Issues To The QBs Tech Team
- Firstly, go to the Report tab and tap on it.
- Now, click on Report the Issue.
- After that, access the banking transaction page to provide the details such as name, email address, phone number, etc.
- Click on the option named Submit.
- In a few minutes, you will surely be connected with the QBs technical support team.
Method 6: Firewall Configuration Set Up
- First, access the default browser and go to the option Tools.
- Now, click on tab Exceptions.
- Lastly, you need to add the exceptions given below.
Method 7: Updating Your Bank
- The first step is to open the QuickBooks Online software.
- Go to the tab Banking.
- Choose the option of Update.
- Do this process three times.
In case this error still prevails in your system, then you need to go to the next method.
Method 8: ReConnect the Bank Account
In this method, disconnect your bank account first and then again re-connect your bank account. The steps to do this are:
To disconnect the bank account, carry out these steps:
- Open the Quickbooks online software.
- On the left panel side, navigate to the tab of Banking, choose it.
- Tap on the Edit icon.
- After that, in the Account Window, mark the option named Disconnect this account on the Save.
- Tap on Save and then on Close.
Now you have to reconnect the bank account again, follow the steps below:
- On the left panel side, navigate to the tab Banking, and click on the option named Add Account.
- Write up the details to sign in to the bank and click on Continue.
- For your own security, follow the verification instructions.
- Go to the tab Securely Connect and then the bank icon followed by the bank account.
- Within the option Account type, a menu will be listed and you have to choose your account from the given drop-down menu.
- After that, choose a credit card account or a bank account.
- In case you have no bank account then, tap on the +Add New option and then the option Connect.
Method 9: Clean Cache Files of the Browser
We have given the process of removing and cleaning the cache files of different browsers to solve QuickBooks Online Error 9999.
- On the top, go to the tab Develop and click on it.
- Now choose the tab Empty Caches.
- Go to the address bar and type up about: preferences#privacy and hit Enter.
- Select the option named Clear Recent History.
- Checkmark the cache box and click on Clear Now.
- Use Ctrl + Shift + Delete on the keyboard.
- Now, mark up the temporary internet and website files.
- Finally, tap on the option of Delete.
- Navigate to the address bar and type up chrome://settings/clearBrowserData, and tap Enter.
- Find the cached images file checkbox and checkmark it.
- Lastly, click on the Clear Data button.
Method 10: SFC Use and Updating Drivers
- First, you have to update the System Device Drivers of your OS.
- Now, use Windows Restore Utility for restoring the recent changes made.
- After that, remove and do a clean installation of the QuickBooks-related programs.
- Perform a scan through the Windows System File Checker(SFC/Scannow).
- Update your Windows to the latest released version available.
- Finally, perform a clean installation of Windows.
The Quickbooks Online Error 9999 exists in your system because of the interruption between the QuickBooks server and the bank’s server. In case a user changes, updates, or refreshes the bank server and account details of the firm on the company file, this online error will be seen. In this post, we have tried to put together all the related concepts of the QuickBooks Online Error 9999, its reasons for existence, how to identify the error, and the solutions for any user to help him proceed with this work without any bugs, and other technical glitches.
We are optimistic that we were good enough of a personal assistant for you and helped you in troubleshooting this online error. For more assistance, you can go through the other Error-related posts such as QuickBooks Event ID 4 and QuickBooks error 6189 and 816, etc. published on the website.