Troubling with Quickbooks online error 102 and panicking about what to do further? If yes, then take a deep breath and proceed with the guide that holds everything related to the error. Not only this, but it will also provide you the best troubleshooting solutions through which you can easily dodge the emergence of the error in the future
While working on the bank website, we often see Quickbooks error 102 that haunts us with the fear of losing funds set aside for business purposes. However, it is natural to feel haunted at this place as the error is fixed within 24 hours. If you cannot resist yourself till the completion of the process then check out the troubleshooting method.
Above all, we try to resolve all your queries that might arise when you encountered the error. So, read this full guide below containing a brief about the error coupled with causes and symptoms and then move towards the troubleshooting part. Now, let’s start the guide.
What is Quickbooks Online Error 102?
Quickbooks online error 102 is a banking error that brings trouble and inconvenience to the users. The error usually enters into the system when there is an interruption on the bank’s website such as technical glitches, server issues, and ongoing maintenance of the website. In addition to this, the error can also occur when the server has some issues during transferring data between the bank’s website and Quickbooks online.
So, if you are thinking that the error has occurred from your fault and your side then it is not true. Well, this is the main cause that leads to disturbance in further tasks but there are other factors too which you will get to know in the next part.
Reasons for Quickbooks Online Error 102
This is the list below that will let you know about different causes and factors that lead to this banking error.
- Damaged network equipment.
- The browser can be another cause behind the error.
- If there is some issue with the wireless network of the Operating system.
- Issue within the bank website.
Now, we need to recover each of these causes by performing some troubleshooting but before diving into them let’s also get to know about the different indications to recognize the error issue.
You may also like: Easily Solve Quickbooks Error Code 20 – Printer Not Activated
Identify Quickbooks Error 102 with these signs
When the error occurs, the system shows several signs and indications that we tend to neglect. With the list below, we not only recognize the error and but also resolve it in a matter of time.
- The instant shutdown of the computer.
- Occurrence of the Installation error.
- Frequents crashes within the system.
- Moreover the turning of the desktop screen into bluish.
- Encountering slow performance of the system.
- Facing an instant startup of Quickbooks.
With the knowledge of Quickbooks error 102 and its causes and symptoms. Now, we can move towards the most awaited section of the guide containing fixes to resolve the error.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Quickbooks Error Code 102
Start the troubleshooting procedure and resolve the error with the best solutions.
Solution 1: Verify Account Updates in Quickbooks Online
If the user does not found any sign of maintenance on the bank or credit card website then just update the account manually in Quickbooks online. In order to get more information about it, the user can click on the update button. In the below article, we have provided a detailed description of the automatic and manual updates. So, read about them and choose the one according to your preference.
Well, the updates to the online bank account usually start at about 3 AM Pacific time but if QB online server becomes unable to get the updated information then it will make five efforts in the next five hours for a specific account.
The information that you receive majorly depends on the bank shares that you have with Quickbooks. With this, we can get the idea that the users are unable to check the automatic updates but there is one way through which they can verify the exact time of updates. Move towards the steps below to do so:
- Select Banking from the left menu.
- Now click on the update button in the top right corner.
- You will be able to see the date and time of the last update under the last updated column.
However, there are some accounts that work with automatic updates but few of them need to be managed with manual updates. For this reason, we have mentioned some steps that will make you aware of the manual update.
- Firstly, Navigate to the left menu and select the banking option.
- Now if you only desire to update some of your accounts then select clear unwanted accounts.
- In addition to this, select the update button.
- Lastly, enter multi-factor authentication (MFA) credentials, and after that hit the continue tab to update it.
Now the user doesn’t have to worry for 90 days since the manual update will take care of any listing listed within that particular time period. This will also make you aware of all the current information.
Solution 2: Verify your Login Information
The first and foremost thing that you need to do is to log into the bank’s site through the URL that the bank has given to you. Now if you can access it then you can easily check the login information but if you cannot do it then proceeds towards these steps:
- If you have not made any attempt to link with any bank then search for the name of the financial institution.
- But, if you had linked to the bank then move towards the add account then search for the name of your financial institution.
- Select the financial institution from the list.
- Moving on provide your credentials to the financial institution website and hit continue.
- After that, you need to provide additional verification steps If required then choose to connect securely.
- Navigate to the left of the account that you want to connect and select the bank symbol.
- Tap on the account type drop-drop down menu to select bank type or credit card account.
- Now, the user needs to either choose a bank or credit card account.
- Then try to link your account with Quickbooks that will download all online transactions over the last 90 days.
- As well as it will automatically download the banking and credit card transactions.
- After performing all these steps, you need to select the connect tab which will start the procedure.
- When the download procedure ends, you will be directed back to the banking page.
- Try to review the tab that includes transactions downloaded from your financial institution.
You may also like: How to Repair QuickBooks Error Event ID 4? (Guide with Solutions)
Solution 3: See all the account information as well as notification
In this busy or rapidly moving world, we tend to neglect the messages and notifications come from our bank. So, try to check messages, notifications, or any alerts that indicate something is not working or the reason for your failure logins. Apart from this try to check your account summary, account history, and other transactions as well.
Solution 4: Ensure that the account is not new to the bank
You can get the error if acquiring a new bank account or credit card. If the reason behind the error on your system is this then try to contact the bank right away and resolve this query.
Solution 5: Wait For the Bank Action
If the bank is having some internal issues like server issues and others then wait a day before trying any of the solutions.
We hope that you are at peace now and resolve all your queries related to Quickbooks error 102. If the error still persists after waiting for a day then it seems that you require any kind of assistance. Try to dial the Quickbooks support number for taking help from professional and certified technicians.