Since Quickbooks is software so it’s inborn to encounter several kinds of errors during the working procedure. In this guide, we are going to learn about Quickbooks.Net Framework errors. If you are dealing with this then just stick to this platform which is entirely focussing on the issue. In this post, we are encompassing not only the troubleshooting solutions to resolve the issue but everything that you should need to know as a Quickbooks user.
Quickbooks employs the Microsoft programs to run the web-based apps that contain the Microsoft .Net Framework, if somehow it possesses an issue then the software leads to the error. To fix the issues, keep scanning this post and unleash the steps.
A Brief About Microsoft.Net Framework
To understand the error, we first need to know a brief about Microsoft. Net Framework. The .Net framework components help in regulating the interface programs properly. Quickbooks pro uses it for many areas of the program. Moreover, it should be considered that each version of Quickbooks desktop demands a different .Net Framework. When you notice that it becomes damaged and corrupted then it brings several kinds of error that include:
- Quickbooks com error
- Quickbooks error code 1722
- QBs error code 1402
- Quickbooks error 1903
- Quickbooks error 1904
A small Intro of MSXML
MSXML is used to provide the access to the application written in script, VBScript, and Microsoft development tools to produce windows naive XML associated applications. This set of services helps the user to arrange information and view data. But, one can only view the data in a notepad or windows browser not for apps to access them in the background.
At times, MSXML becomes damaged or lost which leads to certain errors. In such cases, the user needs to examine these things listed below:
- If there is the proper installation of the MSXML or not.
- Secondly, if there is an issue with the registration file then verify MSXML is installed correctly or not: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\COMMON FILES\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBRegistration.dat
Steps to Configure .NET Framework for Various Operating System
Now after understanding the Microsoft .Net Framework and MSXML. Let’s dive into this section consists of steps to be followed for the configuration of the .NET Framework for various operating systems.
1. Windows 7
- The first and foremost step that the user needs to perform is to close all the open or running programs.
- After that, visit the windows start menu.
- Then type in the control panel and open it.
- Once done with the above steps choose to uninstall a program.
- Now select turn windows feature on or off.
- In the last, try to look for .Net Framework on the list
The user requires to verify the settings for .NET framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 4.5 (or later) with the steps below that will help you in performing the procedure. It should be noted that .NET framework 4.5 (or later) means .NET framework 4.6, 4.7, and 4.8.
Verify the settings of .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
In the light of configuring .NET Framework, the user has to resume with some more tasks that include these steps. So proceed with the procedure if the .NET framework 3.5 SP1 is not checked.
- In the first place, mark the .NET framework 3.5 SP1 checkboxes.
- After that, you need to press OK to save the changes.
- Then reboot the system.
On the contrary, if the .NET framework 3.5 SP1 is checked then use these steps to configure it.
- To begin, select the checkbox to disable the .NET framework 3.5 SP1 off.
- Select OK and save all the changes that you made.
- In this step, reboot your system.
- Finally, turn on the framework.
Modify the settings of .NET framework 4.5 (or later)
Now if the .NET Framework 4.5 (or later) does not include on the list then try to install it from the official site of Microsoft and follow the steps from there to install it.
And, if the .NET framework 4.5 (or later) is on the list then move on to these steps:
- Firstly, navigate to the programs and features a window and choose Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (or later).
- Secondly, choose the uninstall/change button.
- Followed by selecting the repair tab and then tap on the next tab.
- Move on towards the onscreen guidelines and conduct further operation.
- Now, if you have finished the above steps, reboot your system.
Once done with all the process, open Quickbooks and if it performs smoothly then the error is fixed and if you somehow confront the error message then:
- Move towards the Microsoft official site to uninstall the .NET Framework.
- After that reinstall .NET framework 4.5 (or later).
You may also like: How to Fix Quickbooks Script Error?
2. Windows 10, 8, and 8.1
- Shut all the open programs.
- Then visit the windows start menu.
- Moving on, enter control in the search bar and launch the same.
- In this step, move the cursor towards the apps and features tab.
- Now select uninstall a program.
- Once done with that choose turn window features on or off.
- Finally, spot the .NET framework on the list.
After completing all these steps, now you need to check the settings for both .NET framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 4.5 (or later).
Adjust the setting of .NET framework 4.5 (or later)
Go along with the steps below if the .NET framework 4.5 checkbox is not selected.
- Select the checkbox to enable the .NET framework 4.5
- After enabling choose OK to save changes.
- Now reboot the system.
At this point, check out these steps If .NET Framework 4.5 (or later) is already checked.
- First of all, select the checkbox to disable .NET framework 4.5.
- Now save all the changes by hitting OK
- Then restart the system.
- If you make a successful sign-in to the window then follow the steps to enable .NET framework 4.5 again.
Check the Settings of .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
Proceed with the steps below in case the .NET framework 3.5 SP1 checkboxes is not marked.
- Start the procedure by enabling the .NET framework 3.5 SP1.
- Then you need to hit the OK button to save the changes.
- Now restart the system.
If the .NET framework 3.5 SP1 checkbox is already checked then modify the settings with these steps:
- Firstly, click on the checkbox to disable .NET framework 3.5 SP1.
- Then select the OK button.
- Then reboot the system.
- If you sign back into the window then follow those steps displayed on the system to enable .NET Framework again.
Quickbooks .net framework error can be easily rectified with all these modification steps that you need to do in your system. After performing them, you would surely not receive any other kind of hindrance. But, if the error is not fixed and somehow you cannot perform this troubleshooting then contact the Quickbooks customer care team. They will surely help you in this matter and resolve the error issue.