If you are also haunted by the error text “cannot communicate with the company file”, then read this guide and get the best troubleshooting to eradicate the error issue. Well, you might encounter the Quickbooks firewall error during accessing or opening the company file and get into trouble with its sudden appearance.
But, you don’t need to be panic now because if you are reading this then you will be provided all the best troubleshooting methods to dodge that annoying shocking element from the system. Apart from this, we are going to cover some important things that you should know about the error that includes causes also. So, just believe in us and read the guide till the end. Now let’s get into the article.
Quickbooks Firewall Error: Brief Introduction
Quickbooks firewall error is the error that the user encounters when trying to access or open the Quickbooks company file. There are many times that users can face the error and stops all their work because of the hindrances between Quickbooks desktop and QB company file.
An error message arrives on the screen within a dialogue box that states: “It appears that the Quickbooks software on computer OWNER-PC is set up to allow shared access to the company file, but the Quickbooks software on your computer is unable to communicate with it.”
With this message, we can get the idea that there is some issue created by the firewall within the Quickbooks software that makes it unable to communicate. Additionally, the error can also be seen during the update of Quickbooks software or the operating system.
There are several factors that contribute to the error issue. We will now explore each of them in the next part.
Due to these reasons Quickbooks Firewall Error Occurs
Quickbooks multi-user mode firewall error is a consequence of all those factors that trigger the error and hinders the working process. Let’s move on to the list below and know each of the reasons.
- The Quickbooks database server is not working accurately on Server.
- If the DNS (Domain Name System) is configured inappropriately.
- QBW file with .ND extension gets harmed and lost.
- Server connection becomes lost during accessing Quickbooks in multi-user mode.
- Improper Configuration of the firewall installed on the system and on the network.
For these reasons, the error emerges into the system. In order to remove the error from the system, we need to first remove each cause one by one with the help of the troubleshooting method given below. Let’s conduct the operation by moving towards the next para.
You may also like: Solve QuickBooks Error Loading Sync Manager: 7 Easy Solutions For ALL
Top Fixation Methods to Resolve Quickbooks Firewall Error
Corruption within the system occurs due to all of these causes described above. Therefore, try to execute every method accordingly until you rectify the error.
Method 1: Run Quickbooks File Doctor Tool
Quickbooks File Doctor Tool is undoubtedly the best tool of the tool hub. Every Quickbooks consumer should use the tool to rectify any kind of error issue. In order to fix the Quickbooks firewall error with the user of the QBFD tool, we need to check out the steps below.
- First of all, the user needs to download the Quickbooks file doctor tool from the Intuit website.
- Then keep the setup file and try to run the downloaded file on qbfd.exe to install it on the system.
- Now choose the file that you want to diagnose and Run the QB file doctor.
- Remain there until the Quickbooks file doctor completes the scanning process.
- Once done with the process, restart your system.
After restarting, proceed with the task that pops up the error to examine the occurrence of the error. Move only towards the next method if the error is not resolved.
Method 2: Update Quickbooks
- The first and foremost step is to click on the help menu inside the Quickbooks desktop.
- Now tap on the Update Quickbooks option.
- Again tap on the update now option.
- Once done with the above steps, checkmark the option box under the update now tab.
- Click on the reset update to delete all the update downloads. With this step, the user will get more time for the update.
- Now hit on the get updates.
- Quickbooks will resume the download on its own if there is any availability of the update.
- Once done with the update process, restart the system.
- During restarting permit all the positive options to install the new release.
Method 3: Verify Hosting on the Workstations
At times, the user uses the multi-user mode to open the company file on more than one computer that makes the error emerge into the device. Thus, it becomes more important and essential to verify the hosting on the workstations and to consider that only one system should host the company file. With the steps below, get to know how to verify hosting on the workstation.
- Firstly, the user needs to access the Quickbooks desktop on the workstation.
- Avoid accessing the company file and move to the File menu and then tap on the utility option.
- After that click on the workstation option in spite of multi-user access.
- Then visit the stop hosting multi-user access and select it.
- Moving on check all the workstations and then proceed to the server computer and try to reset the hosting setting.
- Once done with the above steps, start the Quickbooks on the server computer.
- Visit the file menu and tap on the utility option.
- In this step, select host multi-user access.
- After performing all these steps, select the stop hosting multi-user access.
- Lastly, the user needs to repeat the procedure two or three times in a row to reset the multi-user mode.
Method 4: Configure Windows and Third-Party Firewall
Now move on to this troubleshooting method if the error still persists after performing the previous solution. The operation is divided into two steps and the user needs to follow them one by one.
Step 1: With Quickbooks Setup
- Firstly, the user needs to ensure that the system is having the updated version of Quickbooks.
- Then try to login to the Quickbooks application as an administrator with admin credentials.
- Verify if Quickbooks is running as administrator or having an elevated mode on the desktop icon. If yes, then try to run Axis as administrator as well.
- After that ensure that the system meets the minimum requirements to access Zed Axis System Requirements.
- Once done with the above procedure, navigate to the windows task manager icon and shut all the crashed instances of Quickbooks (qbw32.exe).
- Again you need to ensure that only one Quickbooks company file open on the system during the procedure.
- Now if you connect directly to Quickbooks and cannot remove and delete the old connection, then hit on the edit tab.
- After that choose the preference list and select the Integrated application list.
- Try to establish a new connection.
- At last, check about the error and move on towards the second step if it is still haunting the system.
Step 2: Refresh the Quickbooks Interface Files
Refreshing the Quickbooks interface files can also resolve the error. So, try all these steps to do that.
- Before proceeding you need to ensure that you have created a backup of the company file to prevent the loss of the data.
- After that, you have to move towards the C: Drive on the system and locate the Reboot.bat file.
- Then select the program file and visit the Intuit option.
- Move the cursor on the Quickbooks and select run as administrator by right-clicking on it.
- Finally, reboot the computer and try to connect the system to one other.
You may also like: 5 Ways to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Runtime Error Quickly – [Solved]
Hopefully, this article solves all your doubts and queries related to the error. With these solutions, you can easily eliminate the firewall error and proceed towards the tasks related to the business functionality. In the case of the emergence of the error even after performing this troubleshooting, try to contact the Quickbooks support team of experts and advisors. They will surely help you in resolving the issue through guidance and supports.