Quickbooks Event ID 4 is a QuickBooks error that can be witnessed when the Quickbooks software is being used with some broken or corrupted files. This is just a glance at the error. With this post, we will be getting to know all the associated concepts of the error from its reasons for occurrence, how to identify, and how to fix it. But now, we will try to have a look at what the QuickBooks application is.
Quickbooks, an accounting management software developed by the company Intuit, is popular software when it comes to the accounting and management activities for small and medium-sized businesses, and, firms, etc. It carries out work like tax and finance-related work, payroll services, business budget, and inventory management. It has a user-friendly interface that is easily operable by every user across the world.
With all the modern features, still there exist many errors, bugs, glitches, and other technical problems that hinder your work operations. Today, we will be talking about one similar error – Quickbooks Event ID 4 or QuickBooks Event ID 4. This basic error often happens in your company file. When this error is present, you cannot access the Quickbooks desktop software and the system crashes frequently. Let us now begin with our article for the day.
What is QuickBooks Event ID 4?
Quickbooks Event ID 4 is a QuickBooks error that can be witnessed when the Quickbooks software is being used with some broken or corrupted files. A text message will be seen on the computer screen as “Integration Manager could not connect to QuickBooks. Please make sure that it is open”.
Even this text error body can be read “QuickBooks Event ID 4 – An unexpected error has occurred in “QuickBooks”: Returning NULL QBWinInstance Handle” under the Windows Event Viewer. This is a window-specific kind of error that will disturb the Quickbooks desktop software installed on the server.
In case you have this error in the system software, you must always first know the reasons behind its occurrence before fixing the Quickbooks Event log error 4. So, we will now be learning about the causes for the existence of QuickBooks Event ID 4.
Quickbooks Error Event ID 4: Causes for Occurrence
The list given below will assist you in knowing the reasons and causes for the existence of QuickBooks Event ID 4 Error. If you have these factors in mind, then you may avoid facing this error. Learn more below.
- Broken and corrupted company files.
- Virus and malware attacks and other threat activities can infect the system software.
- The improper and unclean installation process of the QuickBooks software carried out.
- Windows registry-related issue.
- Lost or deleted QuickBooks-related files.
- The attack by different Trojans.
- Problems with .NET Framework 4.0 SPI framework component that causes trouble in the Windows 7 Operating System.
How to Detect the Event Log Error 4 Quickbooks?
There are many indicators that can be seen by any QBs user to know if Quickbooks Event log error 4 is prevailing in his system software or not. Do follow the list and you will be assisted to know the existence of this error as early as possible.
- Crashing and halting of the Windows Operating System again and again.
- Consequent freezing of the PC.
- The error text messages will come up on the desktop screen.
- The response time of the system software is high.
- No command response or slow response is taken by the system’s input devices.
After getting to know the causes and indicators for detecting the error, now you will be eager to know the solutions for solving the QuickBooks Event ID 4 error. We will now be learning the methods to troubleshoot this error quickly.
How to Rectify Quickbooks Event ID 4 Error?
The stepwise quick solutions have been provided in this post below to help you get through this error existing in your system.
Solution 1: .Net Framework Reinstallation
The .Net Framework reinstallation on Windows OS may help to solve Quickbooks event ID 4 error due to the failure in the compatibility of Microsoft .Net component Frameworks with the third-party applications and the errors are shown up in the Windows Event log.
- On the keyboard, access the Windows + R key altogether to go to the Run Window on your PC.
- In the search type, write up appwiz.cpl and tap the enter button.
- Reach out to the list of Programs and Features and go to Microsoft .Net framework.
- After that, select the option named Uninstall/Change for removing the .Net Framework from your system.
- After it has been successfully removed, you will have to reboot your system.
- Now, go back to the list of Programs and Features.
- Navigate to the left side panel and hit on the option of Add/Remove Window.
- A list of programs will be seen, you must now click on the Microsoft .Net framework to expand.
- Checkmark the first & second boxes from the given list and hit on the option OK.
- Do as per the screen instructions to remove the MS framework installation completely.
- After it has been removed, install the latest released version of the Microsoft .Net Framework available.
- Finally, reboot the computer system and launch QuickBooks again.
Solution 2: QuickBooks Reinstallation by Using the Clean Install Tool
It is always recommended to keep a backup of your QuickBooks company files for preventing any valuable information loss before you try resolving the issues. Do follow the steps to learn the process for the QuickBooks software reinstallation through the use of the Clean Install Tool.
- Initially, you will have to go to the main Intuit website and go for downloading the QuickBooks Hub Tool.
- Search for the downloaded file .exe of QuickBooks Tool Hub and tap on it.
- Now, do as per the screen instructions and accept the license agreement, and then hit on the Next button.
- Search for a directory location for installing this Tool and hit on the option Finish.
- After a successful installation process of the Quickbooks tool hub, navigate to the fifth tab namely Installation Issue.
- Click on the option Clean Install Tool.
- After that, you are required to tap on the option named I Agree and then go for the existing version of Quickbooks.
- Finally, click on the option Continue and tap on OK.
Solution 3: QuickBooks File Doctor Use
If none of the solutions assist in making the system free of errors then there is a chance of a corrupted Quickbooks company files, which is a rare thing. This issue can lead to the Quickbooks event log error 4 in your system and put a halt to your work.
- The first step is to download and install the Quickbooks Tool hub by going through solution 2.
- After the tool has been installed successfully, open the QBs Tool Hub.
- Reach out to the tab named Company file issue.
- Under the tab Company file issue, click on the QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- Within the QB File Doctor, you need to use the drop-down list for searching for the company file to resolve the error or you can also make use of the browse option for finding the company file.
- After getting the Company file in the search field, then you are required to choose the section of Show Advance Setting and hit on the option according to the damage and errors in your company file.
Solution 4: QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool Use
- Firstly, you are required to go to the main website of Intuit for downloading the QBs install diagnostic tool.
- After a successful download of the Tool, save the set-up files in the computer system.
- Now, go for the file .exe of QuickBooksDesktopInstallDiagnosticTool, hit on it, and then click on the option named Run.
- After that, you will see the terms and conditions agreement, and you need to tap on Yes.
- After the QBs Install Diagnostic Tool has been successfully installed in the system, you will have to restart the computer system and access it afterward.
- Now, go to the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool.
- Hit on the button named Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool to start the scan.
- In a few moments’ time, the process of scanning will be finished and the error will be rectified.
- After the repairing process is finished, you need to reboot the PC and assure that all the essential components of the QuickBooks software are completely updated or not.
This Intuit tool can also work for various kinds of install errors in QuickBooks. You can carry out the installation process of the Quickbooks Hub Tool to make use of the Quickbooks Install Diagnostics Tool.
Network Connectivity and File Damage
This option can be used in case the user is experiencing both network connectivity and file damage issues in your QBs company file.
Checking Network Connectivity
This option can only be made use of if there exist network connectivity issues and problems experienced by the user.
- From all the three options, choose the second option named Check File Damage Only.
- After that, fill in the Administrator details when the next page window appears.
- After doing all the above steps, the Quickbook file doctor tool (QBFD) will perform the scanning of the company file for resolving the error.
- In a few moments’ time, the scanning process will be finished and you are needed to reboot your PC.
- Finally, check whether you can open your QuickBooks company file in your system or not.
Checking File Damage
This file damage option can only be made use of in case there are file damage issues witnessed by the user.
Quickbooks Event ID 4 is a QuickBooks error that can be witnessed when the Quickbooks software is being used with some broken or corrupted files. In this article, we have brought together all the important aspects associated with the QuickBooks Error Event ID 4 including its reasons for occurrence, how to detect it, and the methods and solutions to troubleshoot it.
We are optimistic that you are satisfied with our post and we have rightly assisted you in solving the problems that you were encountering in the system. In case you are still stuck with the error, then you are advised to connect to an experienced IT professional in the QBs-related field.