Quickbooks is the most used accounting software, developed by Intuit that fulfills all the tasks related to business functions with its various features like tax-filling, inventory tracking, payment management, and payroll update. In this guide, we will be going to discuss Quickbooks error PS033 that occurs during the payroll update and unable the most used feature of the software to perform any further tasks.
The Quickbooks error ps033 occurs due to several technical glitches and bugs. This in turn threatens the data stored within the system. The users also face great disappointment because of this irritatable error as it not just hinders and stops all the ongoing business-related work but also damages the company data.
So, in order to remove all these hindrances from the system and to save the data from getting lost, the user has to perform some troubleshooting. In this guide, we will let you know some of the best troubleshooting that you can easily perform on your own and resolves the error issue in no time.
But, before jumping directly to the troubleshooting let’s first discuss what are the sections we are going to cover here. In this guide, we are going to discuss what is PS033 Quickbooks error, what are the causes behind the error issue and how can one troubleshoot the error easily without consuming much of their time. So, now let’s start the article with the first section.
What is Quickbooks Error PS033?
Quickbooks error PS033 occurs in the system when the CPS folder having certain damaged files that prevent the user from initiating the downloading task and hinders the download of the recent update related to payroll. Not only this, but the error also prevents the user from accessing the company file.
So, through this, we can get the idea that the error indicates the file in the CPS folder is damaged and thus provides so many hindrances in different tasks. Rather than the damaging of the file, there are so many other factors that trigger the PS033 Quickbooks error. In order to know about them, read the further guide.
How the Quickbooks Error PS033 Occurs
There are so many factors responsible for the PS033 Quickbooks error that you can get to know through this list given below. So, read all of these factors that reside in the system and remove each of them through the troubleshooting methods that are provided in the later section.
- Wrong PSID company file.
- If there is an incorrect service key.
- More than one active payroll for the inactive direct deposit agreement.
- Using an invalid employer identification number is another cause.
- When the Quickbooks becomes damaged and corrupted.
- The outdated version of Quickbooks can also lead to an error issue.
- The status of the Quickbooks desktop appears as an invalid number or EIN.
- Non-activation of the payroll subscription.
- If the windows version is not compatible with the Quickbooks desktop then lead to this error issue.
You may also like: Methods to resolve Quickbooks error PS077
Methods to Resolve PS033 Quickbooks Error
There are 7 troubleshooting methods that the user can easily perform to rectify the Quickbooks error PS033. Move toward the article below to proceed with the troubleshooting.
Troubleshoot 1: Reboot the System
- The user first needs to run a verify and rebuild data in the Quickbooks desktop.
- Try to update the Quickbooks desktop with the latest available update.
- After finishing the update of Quickbooks, now the user has to reboot the system and then update the Quickbooks payroll tax table also.
- Restart the system and end the procedure.
Troubleshoot 2: Turn Off UAC
- First of all, navigate to the run window and search for the control panel.
- Then, choose user accounts.
- Modify the settings of User Account Control (Windows 10, 8, 7, and 8.1)
- Select never notify and disable UAC by turning it off.
- The user can always turn on UAC further.
- In the end, try to update Quickbooks payroll.
Troubleshoot 3: Download Payroll Tax Table
- Firstly, navigate to the Quickbooks account and then hit the employees tab.
- Hit the tab named get Payroll updates.
- Moving on, click on download.
- End the process by hitting the update button.
Troubleshoot 4: Install the Latest Version
- Hit the start option and enter the update option in the search bar.
- Now, select the update option and click on check for updates. This will show the user the windows updates that are available.
- If you find the available latest updates then hit the download button and after that restart the PC when the update process becomes completed.
Troubleshoot 5: Modify the Name of the Quickbooks CPS folder
- Start the procedure by navigating to C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20nn\Components\Payroll\CPS.
- Then, try to modify the name of the CPS folder to CPSOLD.
- After that, update the Payroll tax table.
- Now, the Quickbooks ps033 error will get resolved.
Troubleshoot 6: Rebuild and Verify Quickbooks Data
The user first needs to verify the Quickbooks data and thereon try to rebuild the same. The steps below will help you in performing the solutions.
Steps to verify the Quickbooks data
- First of all, hit the file menu and then utilities.
- Click on the verify data.
- Press the OK button.
- Wait until the verifying data operation is going on.
- Hit the Ok button after the procedure becomes completed.
Steps to rebuild the Quickbooks data
- The first thing that the user needs to do is to move to the file.
- Hit the utility option and then click on the rebuild data.
- Try to create a backup that will rebuild the file automatically.
- The user needs to wait there until the process is completed as it is a bit time-consuming.
- Once done with the process, press the OK button to verify the results.
- In the end, try to update the Quickbooks Payroll table.
You may also like: How to Repair QuickBooks Error Event ID 4? (Guide with Solutions)
Troubleshoot 7: Uninstall and Install the Quickbooks
- Move towards the start button and then select the control panel.
- After that, choose the QB program that you want to uninstall and hit the uninstall tab.
- Once done with the uninstalling process, the user needs to restart the system and then install the Quickbooks again.
We hope that all these troubleshooting methods will help the user in resolving the Quickbooks error PS033 but if somehow the error keeps on occurring after performing all these methods then it may indicate that the cause behind the hindrances is more complex and critical and requires guidance from the experts. So, try to contact Quickbooks error support to fix the error issue.