At present, the most valuable asset is time. Quickbooks is the medium to that valuable asset when we talk about management of finances and accounting. It is designed by the company Intuit and has been aiding its users since 2012. QBs have made the work-life easy as it does the complex work quickly in just a few taps. It is becoming our personal accountant by working with the sorting and systemization of financial data, managing tax receipts, updating payroll services, creating statistical reports, and managing real-time business tasks.
With all the glittery features, it is still not used by a majority of people as when you operate QBs, many types of errors come up. These errors are quite irritating. So, we are here to guide you with all such problems and errors that you can witness and also how to rectify them. Today, we will learn about one similar error named Quickbooks Error 6189 and 816.
Before directly going for the solutions, we will go through the basic definition of this error, its symptoms, and lastly multiple solutions for troubleshooting the Quickbooks error 6189.
Quickbooks Error -6189,-816: Introduction
Quickbooks error 6189 and 619 is a company file issue that stops your work when you try opening the company file through a network device in a multi-user mode. This run-time error hinders access to the file and the error can be seen on the desktop: An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file (-6189, -816).
This type of issue can be unavoidable sometimes but it can easily be eliminated so that you can carry on with your work without any hindrance. Further, we will now be reading about the reasons for the occurrence of Quickbooks error 6189 816 and its detailed solutions. Keep learning with us and you will get to easily fix all these run-time errors.
QuickBooks Error 6189 816: Causes & Reasons
This company file error can have many reasons that can help it to exist in your system. These are:
- The error can happen in case you open a company file that is also being used at some other workstation by another user.
- If you have downloaded temporary, corrupted, junk, or invalid QBs.
- Missing, lost, or damaged QBs components.
- unclean installation of QuickBooks is done.
- Incorrect and wrong entries in the Windows registry.
- The user has not been granted access and permission before opening the company file.
- Under virus and malware attack, or some other threat activity.
- Work operations are restricted by different anti-virus and thus, causing company file errors.
- Exchange log record(.TLG) and the Quickbooks organization document(.QBW) are different causing the Quickbooks error -6189.
- Users working on the single-user mode can also be a cause.
- The version of the operating system Windows is old, outdated, and pirated.
- In case of problems with the QuickBooks hosting process.
- The unavailability of system drivers or damaged computer drivers.
- QuickBooks has a corrupted and broken network data (ND) file in the host system.
Quickbooks Error 6189 and 816: Symptoms
Given below are the general symptoms that will guide you in detecting this QuickBooks error quickly.
- A text message saying “Error 6189 816: Quickbooks Error Code 6189” will come on the screen.
- Inability to open the company file.
- A weak network setup or unstable connection can be seen.
- Windows stop frequently.
- Your system’s response time is high.
- The computer crashes consequently.
- The keyboard and other input devices do not respond.
- No commands are read by the system.
Once you have detected the error, all you now need is to rectify it but how. We are in this with you and we will be learning it now. Learn below to know about the solutions that will surely solve the error -6189.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6189 and 816?
Method 1: Quickbooks Tool Hub Use
Quickbooks Tool Hub is the universal solution for all the issues and bugs that arise in Quickbooks software. It is the Go to repairing QuickBooks tool. So, to rectify Quickbooks Error Code -6189 -816 you must carry out these two steps.
Step 1: Installation of the QBs Tool Hub
- Firstly, exit all the processes of QuickBooks that are active in the background.
- From the website of Intuit, you need to find QuickBooks Tool Hub download.
- Select a location for saving the downloaded file.
- After the download is completed, you will have to open the file and go for the installation process.
- Follow the instructions of the installer window, agree to the license agreement.
- Tap on Finish and the installation will be done.
- After the installation, you need to open the Quickbooks hub tool.
Step 2: Fixing the Error with the Hub Tool
- After accessing the Quickbooks tool hub, a home page screen will be seen.
- Now, go to the tab named Program Problems.
- Under this tab, you need to tap on the option of Quick Fix my Program.
- This process will take a few minutes and now you can open the company file with no errors in it.
Method 2: Restart the PC and the QB server
There can arise a condition when you will have to reboot your system and the server settings to solve any such error. We will help you below in carrying out the process. Read below for more.
- The first step is to reboot the computer server.
- Now, you must reboot the QBs workstation.
- After that, tap to access the Quickbooks Desktop on the system server.
- After the QBs desktop restart on the system server, the user must open the QBs software on every workstation server.
[* Note: It is advised to know the hosting location of the Qbs company file. If the user is making use of the QuickBooks enterprise hosting and not the server system, then you are advised to take proper guidance from a professional to aid you with the above process.]
Method 3: Updating Quickbooks Desktop
When you are using the older version of QBs, you can experience such bugs and errors from time to time. In such conditions, you just have to update QuickBooks to its latest released version available online. After It has been successfully updated, you will no longer face this run-time error and you can carry on with your work.
Method 4: Changing the Location of the Company file to the Local Drive
It is a copy-paste method to change the company file location to the Local Drive C of your system. Keep some points in mind.
- This method must be carried out only in case you cannot fix your error by using the above solutions or if the QBs company file is stored in a removable drive or an online space.
- Migrating the company file data from one system to another is quite beneficial many times when the system crashes and during the system upgrades.
- You can also migrate the company file data on the hard drive of the system. Dropbox, google drive, etc, can be connected through online file hosting services.
- You should avoid the removable drivers for storing transferable company data files as such drivers are incompatible with the Quickbooks software or the multi-user modes.
Encryption of the company files on the hard drive as it blocks the multi-user network connection in the QuickBooks desktop.
Method 5: Quickbooks Database Server Manager Use
If the company file is accessed on the server system then you will have to make use of the Quickbooks Database Server Manager for fixing errors. This tool will stabilize the instability of the multi-user mode and solve the QuickBooks Error 6189 in no time. Steps on how to use this tool are.
- Firstly, launch the Quickbooks Tool Hub on your PC.
- Within the tool hub, you need to go for the Quickbooks Database Server Manager and tap on it.
- Quickbooks Database Server Manager window can be seen and you have to browse for your company file with errors.
- After that, click on the tab named Start Scan.
- After the scan, you will witness that the Quickbooks Database Server Manager will self detect and resolve the firewall issues and permissions in a few minutes.
- Now, you must click on Close.
- Access the server workstation and launch the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Finally, verify the existence of the error in your system.
Method 6: Quickbooks Refresher Tool Use
The Quickbooks Refresher Tool is a brilliant tool that helps the user by refreshing all the running processes and turning off all the active programs in the background. All types of errors can be rectified with this tool and so goes with the QuickBooks Error 6189 and 816. We are providing the stepwise procedure to use this tool.
- Firstly, look for the QuickBooks Refresher Tool and download the file in the system.
- After it has been downloaded, you will get a QBRefresher.exe. Also, store all the related files in your drive.
- Now, you have to see if any other program is active in the background. Exit all the Qbs active programs.
- Start the installation process by clicking on the downloaded exe file.
- Do as per the screen instructions, you then have to agree to the license and terms and conditions agreement and click on the option of Finish.
- Tap on the QBs Refresher tool, it will be launched in a few moments and you are all ready to make use of this tool.
- Even the QuickBooks software has to be kept opened to make use of this refresher tool.
Method 7: Renaming the Transaction Log file and Network Data file
The Network data and the Transaction file help the user to operate in the multi-user mode. If the files are corrupted, or broken then, the QuickBooks Error 6189 and 816 will be present on your PC.
On doing a scan with Quickbooks Database Server Manager, the configuration files will be self-created. Renaming them will help you when we want to solve this error. The user can rename the TLG and ND configuration files, and verify for the prevalence of the error. To rename the file, read below.
- The first step is to launch the company file with issues.
- After that, search for the company_file.qbw.nd file and company_file.qbw.tlg file.
- Now, do a right-click on the company files and hit the rename option for renaming your configuration files.
- Finally, you need to launch the QuickBooks desktop software again to check the presence of the run time error.
Method 8: Rectify the Quickbooks Error -6189, -816 Manually
- The initial step is to go to the Transaction Log file (TLG file) and rename it.
- Now, verify the permissions given by the user to QBDataServiceUserXX for the QBs application.
- After that, you are required to confirm if the company files are encrypted.
- The file should be now copied and pasted on your desktop.
Now the error must have been rectified manually but just in case you are unable to access it then, you will have to transfer back the same file to its original location.
Method 9: Create and Restore Backup Files
You are required to create a file backup of the QuickBooks company files on the previous system. After the backup is created, you will have to restore the backup file to your new system. For this process, do as per the steps below.
- Via the flash drive or any external device, you can easily restore the files.
- Else you can also connect the systems in case you have a good internet connection.
Method 10: QuickBooks File Doctor Use
QuickBooks File Doctor (QBFD) is a repair tool of QuickBooks that can solve many different QBs errors along with Quickbooks error 6189 and 816. To use the QBFD tool, go below.
- Firstly, open the QuickBooks Doctor File Tool.
- You now have to choose the specific company file with errors.
- Tap on the tab named Run Quickbooks file doctor.
- A scan will be done to detect the errors and will be troubleshot in no time if the error exists.
- Finally, you need to access the QuickBooks desktop application to check the presence of the error.
Method 11: Solving the Error through a Sample Company File.
To solve the errors via the sample company file, you need to carry out these steps.
- Double-click on the QuickBooks desktop on your PC to access it.
- Now, go for the “No Company Open window”, and tap on the option named “Open a Sample File.”
- Choose the “Random company file.”
- Your QBs company files will be self-restored now.
You maay aslo read : How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Update Error 15240? (A Repairing Guide)
Quickbooks error 6189 and 619 is a company file issue that stops your work when you try opening the company file through a network device in a multi-user mode. This run-time error hinders access to the file. With this article, we have gathered all the essential concepts of QBs Error Code 6189 such as the reasons for its occurrence, how to identify and eliminate this company file error. We are optimistic that you are no longer in any sort of trouble and your work operations have become smoother and error-free. In case you are stuck somewhere in the middle, then you are advised to take help from the QuickBooks Customer Service team available for everyone via calls, chats, and e-mails.