Quickbooks Error 6144 82 is a company file issue. It occurs at the time of accessing the company file. The user becomes unable to perform any task thus it disturbs the ongoing working process. Resolving this error needs troubleshooting methods. In this guide, we are going to offer the same. So, if you are haunted by this error then don’t panic and check out this whole article that will resolve all your queries related to the error. Now, let’s focus on the article.
Quickbooks Error 6144 82 : Brief Introduction
At times accessing the company file, we see an error text depicting that Error 6144 82: Quickbooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. The error text stops all the ongoing work and keeps on occurring until the user fixes it. So, it is important to remove the consequence of the error by performing some troubleshooting.
Vital Causes of Quickbooks Error 6144 82
The company file issue that we encounter has come because of several reasons and causes. In this section, we are trying to figure out what are those causes. In the list below we have provided every possible cause related to Quickbooks error 6144 82. So, read it.
- If somehow the company files related to the Quickbooks go missing then we can encounter the error.
- Having corrupted and incorrect installation of the software.
- Moreover, not having a good network can also bring an error issue. So, avoid any kind of network issue that gives birth to these kinds of errors.
- The program files related to the Quickbooks accounting software becomes damaged and corrupted because of the Trojan attack.
These are all the causes that hinder your system with the error issue. You need to be cautious about these causes that disturb your peace of mind.
Symptoms of Quickbooks Error -6144 -82
Due to these causes, the error appears and when it appears, the system reflects some signs and symptoms. In this section, we are going to understand every one of them so that the error can be easily identified.
- Witnessing a sudden stop in the running windows.
- If the system freezes periodically then again it indicates the error.
- The error message itself is a great sign of identification.
- Furthermore, when the active program suddenly crashes with Quickbooks error 6144.
- Sudden shut down of the windows to prevent damages.
These are the signs of identification. Now, it’s time to know some key points to consider before attempting the solution to fix the error.
Key Points to Consider before fixing Quickbooks Error 6144 82
You need to know various error-related facts before troubleshooting it. So, read all these important points in order to have a better result.
- Disable the system security software.
- The user needs to conduct all the steps on the host (server) system except the last step.
- Make sure that you shut down all the systems in the right manner including the host and others.
You may also like: A Guide for Quickbooks Error Code -6210, 0: Fix 6000 Series Errors
Troubleshooting Ways of Quickbooks error -6144 -82
Keeping all these things in mind, let’s start the procedure of troubleshooting and fix the error with easy to perform solutions.
Way 1: Resolve the Error Manually
The first solution will be manually resolving the error. We will try these 7 steps given below and resolve the error by carefully focussing on every step.
Step 1: Restart the Quickbooks Service
- Initiate the procedure by tapping on the start icon and then click on the services tab.
- Moving on, from the services list, tap on the QBFCMonitoringservice icon.
- Then, check if the services started and are set up in the Automatic mode.
- If it’s not then move to the radio button.
- After that click on the apply button and then on the OK button.
Step 2: Modify the Account Type
- First of all, the user needs to click on the start icon.
- Then move towards the control panel and select the User account icon.
- After that tap on the add/remove user account.
- Now click on the QBDserviceuser23 icon.
- Once done, change the account type according to your preference by verifying the Administration user.
Step 3: Create the Folder in C Drive
After performing the above steps, now it’s time to create a folder in the C Drive by using the name QB. When all the folders are created then choose Read/Write options. Ensure to create these folders given in the list:
- Add User
- Add System
Step 4: Copy the QB file
At times the bugs and glitches make their way into the system because of the longer file size. This restricts the user to access the company file. So, we try to copy the company file in the new folder QB to avoid the fault.
- To begin, move to the system C Drive.
- Then navigate to the user’s options.
- After that choose the public icon and click on the public documents tab.
- Now the user needs to tap on the Intuit icon.
- Moving on, click on the Quickbooks icon and select the company files tab.
- Subsequently, you become able to see the default location of the company files.
- Aftermath, copy & paste the company file in the new folder ‘QB’. The user needs to ensure to not cut-paste the QB company file in the folder since it can lead to corruption.
Step 5: Try to Configure Inbound & Outbound Firewall Rules
- The first thing that you need to do is to navigate to the firewall tab.
- Then choose the windows firewall option.
- Now move to the advanced setting tab.
- Consequently, choose inbound rules and go to the new rule.
- In this step, go to the port icon and tap on the Next button.
- For your help, we have mentioned the port numbers for different versions below:
|Quickbooks 2019||8019, 56729, 55383-55387|
|Quickbooks 2018||8019, 56728, 55378-55382|
|Quickbooks 2017||8019, 56727, 55373-55377|
|Quickbooks 2016||8019, 56726, 55368-55372|
|Quickbooks 2015||8019, 56725, 55363-55367|
|Quickbooks 2014||8019, 56724, 55358-55362|
|Quickbooks 2013||8019, 56723, 55353-55357|
Step 6: Run Quickbooks Database Server Manager
- First of all, move to the programs list and tap on the Quickbooks icon.
- From the drop-down list, choose the Quickbooks database server manager.
- Later, click on the add folder tab.
- Navigate to the system C Drive and try to add the Quickbooks folder.
- After that minimize the tab.
- Lastly, hit on the scan now icon and proceed with the scanning process of the Quickbooks company file.
Step 7: Restore Quickbooks Company file
- Navigate to the server computer and try to open the Quickbooks in multi-user mode.
- Tap on the open & restore company file.
- Now choose the QB company file Get Back to Business.
- After that choose to open and access the files in the multi-user mode.
- Moving on, tap on the stop hosting multi-user access.
- Finally, the QB company file will become accessible on the server computer.
After finishing the manual process, now examine the error persists or not. If yes then only move to the other troubleshooting ways.
You may also like: Resolve Quickbooks Error -6000 -77 Instantly
Way 2: Install the Windows Update
- To begin, tap on the start button.
- Now enter update in the search box.
- You will see the windows update dialog box.
- After that, click on the Install updates button.
Way 3: Run Windows System File Checker
- Hit on the start button to proceed.
- Then type the command in the search box and avoid pressing the enter button.
- Now press Ctrl + shift + enter keys together.
- A permission dialog box will now appear. Just click on the yes button.
- After that, a black box will come up with a blinking cursor.
- Type sfc/scannow there and then press the enter button.
- The system file checker starts the scan for Error 6144 82.
- Once the scanning is done, follow the on-screen guidelines.
Way 4: Uninstall and Reinstall the QB Program
- First of all, tap on the start button and open the Programs and Features.
- Move towards the control panel.
- Then tap on the programs and select programs and features.
- Try to spot the program associated with Quickbooks error code 6144 82 under the name column.
- Subsequently, choose the Quickbooks associated entry.
- Now hit the uninstall tab appearing on the top menu bar.
- Lastly, end the process by following the onscreen prompts.
Way 5: Undo all the Recent Changes
- Hit on the windows start button.
- Then type System Restore in the search box and hit the enter button.
- After that choose the system restore.
- Now if prompted, enter the administrator password.
- Moving on, complete the following procedure through the onscreen prompts.
- In the last step, just restore the computer.
Way 6: Rename .TLG and .ND files
- In order to start the procedure, you need to open Quickbooks.
- Now move towards the company files location.
- Search for the TLG and ND files.
- Moving on, right-click on the file and choose rename option from the drop-down list.
- Try to rename the files by adding .OLD at the end of each file.
- Now the error would be resolved.
You may also like: Repairing Guide For QuickBooks Error 6189 816: 11 Easy Solutions
By and large, these are all the ways to troubleshoot the error. Hopefully, the system is not showing the error and you are concentrating on your work. But, if the error still appears then the cause could be any other. In order to know more about it in detail and fix the error, try to contact the Quickbooks enterprise support team. They will surely help you in resolving the error with their guidance.