QuickBooks has become the best financial software in the accounting industry. But, this incredible software involves numerous algorithms and codes, due to which many errors take place. One such error is QuickBooks Error 6129 which not only stops the smooth functioning of your work but also is time-consuming.
When you get this error, your desktop screen flashes, and an error code message reading: QuickBooks Error Code 6129 0. The major reason behind the prevalence of this error is the failed verification of the database connection. Due to this nagging error, you can’t access your company file.
It is obvious that when you can’t access your company file, you won’t be able to perform your daily tasks which not only wastes your time but also hampers your business growth. So, it is super important to fix this error as soon as possible.
In this informative post, we will discuss Quickbooks Error Code 6129 0, it’s possible causes, symptoms, and troubleshooting steps to fix it instantly.
Quickbooks Error Code 6129: Related Information
- Name of the Error: Error Code 6129 0 Quickbooks
- Number: Error 6129, 0
- Developer: Intuit Inc.
- Software: QuickBooks
- Error Information: QuickBooks Error 6129: QuickBooks has encountered an issue and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
- Applies to: Windows Vista, XP, 7, 8
Symptoms to Identify QuickBooks Error 6129
There are some signs and symptoms through which you can easily identify this error. This step will surely save you from any confusion.
- After receiving this error code, your active window automatically crashes.
- Your system shows an error code message on the screen.
- Sluggish window functioning.
- Slow performance of the system to the keyboard or mouse commands.
- The system freezes repeatedly.
- When you click on the Quickbooks icon, the window hangs.
Cause of Quickbooks Error Code (-6129 0)
It is equally important for you to understand the factors behind the error, to resolve it properly. So, we have listed the most common reasons for QuickBooks Error 6129.
- The first cause behind this error is your antivirus obstructing the process to make a fresh company file.
- Any corrupt or damaged network files (.ND).
- System Malfunction also leads to QuickBooks Error 6129.
- Uninstallation of the Quickbooks software.
- Invalid/Null entries in the Windows registry.
- Improper shutdown of the system due to a power cut.
- Server domain and client machine are mismatching.
Methods To Troubleshoot Quickbooks error 6129
Well, before applying the advanced solutions that we have discussed below, let’s try some basic troubleshooting steps to save your time.
Case 1: When You are Making a Fresh Company File
If the error has occurred while making a new company file, then you just have to obey the steps below:
- First of all, choose the option of Exit or Leave, on the window of Easy Action Interview.
- After that, you have to save the file then choose the “Yes” option.
- In the end, type a different file name then tap on the “Save” option.
If you are unable to change the file name, then we would recommend you transform the location of the file.
Case 2: When you are Accessing or Updating the File
- Here, you first have to open a company (sample) file to check if the error is associated with the file or not. If the error has occurred to all files, then you have to check out the fixation steps enumerated further in this post.
- Also, make sure to log in as admin then carry out any methods further.
Fixing QuickBooks Error 6129: Proven Solutions
Now, let’s move to the advanced solution to fix this troublesome error. But make sure to apply them in order to get positive results.
Method 1: Making Another Folder and Shifting the QuickBooks Company Files
The first method is to make another folder and then shift all the QuickBooks company files there. The steps involved are:
- First of all, make another file folder.
- Then, shift QuickBooks company files there.
- This step will make it super easy for you to access company files through the new folder in case you have been using the QBs software on one system.
- If you are using a similar QBs file on multiple systems, then move to the next step.
- You need to tap on the “Start.”
- The following step is to tap on “Programs.”
- After that, select QuickBooks and then tap on “QuickBooks database server manager.”
- Then, you have to press the tab on “Scan folders.”
- If you find no folder containing your company file, then tap on “Add folder” and add it.
- Now you need to click on “Scan.”
- After the scanning process is concluded, tap on “Close.”
- In the end, you need to access the “QuickBooks Company File” and check if you are able to carry your work or not.
Method 2: Changing the Name of QuickBooks .ND Files
- Check your hard drive for finding the files with .nd. Extension.
- After that, rename that file by tapping from the right side of the mouse on the file and then choosing the Rename option.
- Then, type “OLD” at the file name’s end and press Enter.
- You can easily open your company file if you are using one system only. However, to access the similar company file on multiple systems, you have to follow the steps given below:
- Navigate to “Windows start.”
- After that hit programs and choose “QuickBooks.”
- Now, tap on “QuickBooks database server manager” first, then on “Scan Folders.”
- In case, you can’t find any folder containing your company file then you are supposed to tap on “Add folder” in order to add it.
- After that, click on “Scan” and once the process is done then tap on “Close.”
- In the end, attempt to access your company file and check if the software is functioning appropriately or not.
Method 3: Disable the Anti-Virus Software Using Safe Mode
Another method you can try out to fix QuickBooks Error 6129 is disabling your antivirus via Safe Mode.
- First of all, you need to restart your system normally.
- Then turn off/disable your antivirus software that is running on your system.
- The following step is to make one more company file.
- Now, you have to keep your system working in normal mode.
- After that, reboot the system.
- After you complete the above step, open the QBs software and then the company files.
- In the end, check if the QuickBooks error 6129 is still bothering you or not.
Method 4: Update Your QuickBooks Software To Its Current Release
To resolve QuickBooks Error 6129, you can update your QuickBooks software to its current release. The steps are:
- First of all, open your QBs desktop and reach out to the “Help” and select “Update QuickBooks.”
- After that, tap on “Update Now.”
- Now, select “Get Updates” to initiate the download.
- After the download process is concluded, you have to restart the QBs desktop once.
- Then, you will see some instructions on your screen to install the latest release.
Related Article, Methods to Resolve Error 6210 Quickbooks.
To Wrap Up
We truly hope that this informative article assisted you in all ways to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6129 on your own. We have discussed the basic troubleshooting steps as well as advanced methods to fix this error. You can try each method until you find the best one that fixes your problem instantly.
On the off chance, if you need any kind of guidance while following the above methods then you can communicate with Quickbooks Customer Support. The expert team is 24×7 available to help you out with the best assistance.
With this, we finally conclude this article, but you can remain in touch by providing your valuable experience and tips in the comments section below.