Quickbooks is gaining popularity all over the world with its great and easy to access features. Not only just some businessmen but experts also prefer this dynamic tool to carry out financial tasks. The users of Quickbooks very well know about the superiority of this software but it often gets corrupted with some glitches and bugs that lead to the error issue and slows down the working procedure. In this guide, you will get to know about one such Quickbooks error 6073.
So, read the full guide below and know each and everything about the error issue. Being software, Quickbooks often gets some technical bugs but some of the bugs are easily resolved while others become terrible and irritable that leads to frustration.
Tackling these kinds of issues can bring so much frustration and hindrances to the business functionality but when the user has the right troubleshooting method then they can easily resolve and fix any error. So, try to resolve Quickbooks error 6073 with the best troubleshooting methods given below.
If talking about the article then it does not only contain the troubleshooting methods but a proper guide that includes a brief of the Quickbooks error 6073, its causes, and its troubleshooting method that will help you in resolving the error issue. So, here you will find all things related to the error issue. Now, let’s start the article.
Quickbooks error 6073: Introduction
Quickbooks error 6073 enters the system when the user is trying to access the company file with the extension .qbw in multi-user mode. The error usually appears with the text that reads Quickbooks is unable to open this company file.
It indicates that another user has opened the Quickbooks and makes you and that specific user unable to use the company file at the same time. The read-only network folder might contain the file. If you find it there then ask the system administrator to make the file accessible in order to eradicate the error.
So, this is the brief about Quickbooks error -6073. If you want to know about its causes then read the further guide below having different factors and causes that lead to the error issue.
Major Causes of the Quickbooks error 6073
The error occurs because of so many factors that reside in the system. The user needs to know each of them to remove them and to resolve the issue.
- Try to open the file in multi-user mode on another PC.
- Accessing the company file by the remote operating system.
- Linux and Unix are storing the files and the users are trying to access the folder with multiple credentials.
- If the file is stored in a read-only network then again the user can have the error issue.
Methods to Troubleshoot the Quickbooks Error Code 6073, 99001
The user needs to attempt all these troubleshooting methods to rectify the Quickbooks error code 6073, 99001.
Method 1: Use Quickbooks File Doctor
With the steps below, try the first troubleshooting method to resolve the error.
- The initial step for you to do is to download the recent version of the Quickbooks Tool Hub and locate it to the folder where you can easily spot it.
- Now, launch the file QuickBooksToolHub.exe that you downloaded.
- Carry out the further procedure with the onscreen guidelines and click on the install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- After that, double-click on the icon to launch the tool hub.
- Moving on, hit the tab company file issues in the Quickbooks tool hub.
- Select Run Quickbooks File Doctor tab. If the tool is not launching properly then you need to search for Quickbooks file doctor and then try to launch it manually.
- Once done with the above procedure, the user needs to choose the company file from the drop-down menu. If it is not accessible then hit the browse option to spot the file.
- Now, select the check your file option and hit the continue tab.
- In the end, type admin password and press the next button.
Method 2: ND files and TL files are labeled as hidden files
In this troubleshooting method, the user needs to label ND and TLG files as hidden files that you can easily perform with the steps given below:
- First of all, navigate to my computer and move towards the tools menu.
- Tap on the folder.
- Moving on, click on the view tab and then choose show hidden files and folders.
- Now, double-click on the data folder to verify network data (ND) files and transaction log (TL) files.
- The user now requires to right-click on the Network data files to choose properties.
- In the end, delete the hidden option and hit OK.
Method 3: Fix Quickbooks error 6073 manually
There are four cases in this troubleshooting method. The user has to proceed with the one that matches their condition. Now, lets move into these steps below:
Case 1: If the company file is opened in Single-user mode in another workstation
- First of all, close the Quickbooks desktop in all the systems.
- Then, open the company file with the host computer.
- After that, navigate to the File menu to switch to the multi-user mode.
- Reboot the system if the error still troubling you.
Case 2: If the company file is opened in opened is Single-user mode in the host computer
- The user first needs to navigate to the File menu and choose the close company option.
- Then, open the company file again.
- Moving on, select open or restore company from the file menu.
- Now, launch the company file and then click on the Next button.
- If you completed the above steps, then, move towards the company file and choose the open file in multi-user mode.
You may also like: Resolve Quickbooks Error -6000 -77 Instantly
Case 3: If the computer is accessed remotely via LogMeIn, GoToMyPC, etc
- Perform a right-click on the task manager and select the task manager.
- Select Processes and verify if there present any running processes that are having issues with the username.
- If you find the processes under the username then try to restart the system.
Case 4: If the company file is stored in a read-only network folder
- Move to the computer used for hosting the company file.
- Now, navigate to the folder that stores the file.
- In this step, the user has to right-click on the folder to select Properties.
- Then, move to the security tab and select the user with login issues.
- Hit the edit option.
- Once finished the above process, click on allow and then hit apply.
- Click on the OK button and complete the process.
Method 4: Fix Corrupted Network Data File
As the corrupted or unavailable network data files lead to the error so the user must try to fix it. If you don’t know how to conduct this operation then read the steps given below:
- Move to the start icon and open windows explorer.
- Try to spot the folder that consists of the Quickbooks company file.
- Now, perform a right-click on the company file with Network data (nd) and QB company file extension.
- Then, the user needs to change the file extension from nd to .ndold and hit the enter key.
- After performing all these steps, make the Quickbooks and the company file appear on your system.
- Now, Quickbooks can create another ND file for the company file.
Method 5: Use Quick Fix My Program
You can take the help of Quickbooks Tool Hub and use Quick Fix my Program to resolve the error issue.
- First of all, try to open the Quickbooks tool hub.
- Then, click on the program problems and choose Quick Fix my Program.
- Now you can start the Quickbooks desktop and open the data file.
You may also like: Repairing Guide For QuickBooks Error 6189 816: 11 Easy Solutions
These solutions will definitely work well in eradicating the Quickbooks error 6073 but if still the error still appears then contact the Quickbooks customer care team for better support and guidance.