In this rapidly changing world, everything is evolved and transformed into a more advanced tool. Whatever the tool is, if there is no proper update then it will become disappeared among us. So, Intuit also brings different updates to their most famous and widely used accounting tool Quickbooks that provides more advanced features to ease the financial tasks of small and little entrepreneurs but the problem arises, when the Quickbooks error 15222 appears during updating the Quickbooks desktop.
In this guide, we are going to learn everything about Quickbooks error 15222, what is this error, why does it occur and what are troubleshooting to resolve the error issue. So, read the full guide below and get to know how you can easily carry on with the Quickbooks desktop update just by doing some taps and clicks.
Error 15222 can provide a great loss to the business organizations and hinder your working procedure. So, try to remove it as soon as possible and enjoy the more advanced features of the most-loved accounting software. Now, we need to start the topic. So, let’s get started with the quick definition of error 15222 Quickbooks.
What is Quickbooks Error 15222?
Quickbooks error 15222 is an update error that appears during the time of Quickbooks desktop update. It can also be termed as the error related to payroll service because it hinders the payroll download and stops the further working procedure of the payroll that consists of various tasks like calculating employees’ salaries.
Quickbooks error 15222: Factors and Causes
There are several reasons responsible for the Quickbooks error 15222. In this section, we will read about the same and take note of all the factors responsible for the error issue.
- If antispyware and antimalware provide a threat to the system then there can be hindrances in the Quickbooks desktop update and the user can encounter error 15222 Quickbooks.
- The major cause is not opting for the internet explorer as the default browser can lead to not only this error but so many other Quickbooks errors.
- Not included the correct time and date in the system is another reason for the error.
- Encountering failure of Internet explorer during the registration of digital signatures.
- Firewall creating blocks into the path of Quickbooks update.
You may also like: Quickbooks Update Error 15271- How to Troubleshoot?
How to Troubleshoot Quickbooks error 15222
So, this is all about the error issue that the user needs to consider before attempting any of the troubleshooting methods provided below as it gives you a brief idea of how it can corrupt the system and hinders your way towards financial growth. Now, let’s move on to these methods given below which you can easily use to remove the error 15222 Quickbooks.
Method 1: Opt for Internet Explorer as the default browser
Most of the users get Quickbooks error 15222 because they have not set the Internet Explorer as the default browser. If you have done the same then correct it by following these steps given below:
- First of all, navigate to the Internet Explorer browser.
- Then, hit on the tools and choose Internet options.
- The user now needs to move to the Programs tab and choose the make default option.
- Press the OK button.
- Try to update the Quickbooks software again.
Now the user needs to check if the date and time showing on the screen are correct or not. With these further steps, you can do it.
- Hit on the time display.
- Now, confirm the date and time appearing in the window of date and time setting.
- At last, the user needs to choose the time zone according to his/her region.
Method 2: Try to Install Digital Signature Certificate
If the user has not installed a digital signature certificate then again the Quickbooks error 15222 appears, so, try to install the same with these leading steps given below:
- The first thing that the user needs to do is to open the file manager and enter C:\ProgramFiles\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- Next, Navigate to the QBW32.exe and hit the properties tab.
- There comes a few tabs on the screen, select the tab named digital signature only.
- Choose Intuit.inc in the signature list.
- Now, choose details in the new window go to view the certificate.
- After that, click on install the certificate.
- Once done with the installation process, hit on the finish tab.
- In order to save the changer, reboot the system.
- In the last, the user needs to download the Quickbooks update to check if the error is fixed or not.
Method 3: Cipher Strength
- Move to https://www.intuit.com/. in Internet Explorer and hit ALT to highlight the menu bar.
- Navigate to the file and select properties.
- Now, the user needs to check whether the details of encryption are 128 bit or not as it indicates that the Internet Explorer is damaged if the bit comes less than that.
- Try to contact Microsoft support to repair the Internet explorer and to have the Quickbooks desktop update.
Method 4: Download Quickbooks file doctor
The user can download the Quickbooks file doctor to resolve the Quickbooks error 15222.
- First of all, the user needs to install and run the tool.
- The tool will help in checking all the folders that will also ensure that the hosting is working properly.
- Try to control and access the system through the permission setting then.
- At last, locate and access the damaged file to remove the error issue.
You may also like: Ways to Fix Quickbooks error 15106 (update program error)
Method 5: Configure the Windows Firewall
- Tap on the settings and hit update and security.
- Now, choose windows security and try to open it.
- Select Firewall and network protection showing under it.
- With the help of this sequence, select Public Network, Domain, Private Network.
- In the last, try to disable the Windows Defender firewall.
The user can also add Quickbooks as an exception to modify the firewall settings with these steps mentioned below:
- Navigate to the browser and open it.
- Then, move to the tools and look for firewall settings.
- Go to the exceptions showing under it.
Now, try to add the following as the firewall exceptions:
We hope that all these solutions would resolve the Quickbooks error 15222 easily but if you are still getting the error text frequently and it hinders your working procedure then it must be recommended that the user should take help from none other than the expertise of the field. The user can easily contact the Quickbooks customer care team and take guidance from the certified technicians.