In today’s world, Quickbooks is the most effective accounting and management software that is creating its impact in medium-scale firms, and businesses. It provides operations like forming tax bills and reports, creating financial bills, managing invoices, and other inventories, etc. With time, it is coming up with new updates and better features. But with all the positive words, there has to be a lot done when we talk about QBs operations. Imagine you are working and suddenly, the error windows show up time and time again, you will be quite frustrated. The same goes with QuickBooks as there are a lot of system glitches and errors such as update and installation errors, banking errors, network setup errors, etc.
One similar update error that you can see is QuickBooks Update Error 1328. This kind of error can be experienced when a user carries out installation, uninstallation, repair, or the QBs program update process. This issue is quite basic and can be easily troubleshot in a few ways. The user will have to eliminate this bug if he wants to proceed with the hassle-free work and avoid project delays. Now, in this post, we will thoroughly talk about this error including the symptoms, causes, and ways to solve the Quickbooks 2016 Update Error 1328.
What is QuickBooks Update Error 1328?
Error 1328 Quickbooks Update is a general update error that can be witnessed when a user carries out installation, uninstallation, repair, or the QBs program update process. It will be shown as c:/config.ms/PT**.TMP. It is a temporary directory location of the folder that keeps this data and launches the installation again in case of installation failure. As the process of installation is done, the data is self-deleted.
Reasons for Existence of QuickBooks Update Error 1328
Every error, bug, glitch, or technical problem can be due to some reasons. If you can detect these indicators then it becomes quite easy for anyone to identify and start resolving them early. The factors and causes that allow QuickBooks Update Error 1328 to be present in the system are.
- Problems with the download of the QuickBooks software.
- Damaged, and corrupted QBs-related files.
- If the user cannot remove the config.msi folder data.
- There are network setup and connection issues while downloading QBs.
- Malware, threat activity, and virus attack in the system operations.
- Invalid entries and temporary files remaining during the uninstallation of the QuickBooks software.
- Failure in installation and updates.
- Improper shutdown and instant power cuts.
- Using invalid license of the QuickBooks desktop software.
How to Detect QuickBooks Error Code 1328?
Various indicators and symptoms can be easily identified by you when it comes to identifying this update error. Here, we will now get to know all the indicators that will guide you to counter these issues. These are as follows.
- The error can be seen when it blocks the updating or installation process of Qbs.
- The error text message can be seen on the computer screen popping up: Quickbooks release update error message 1328.
- The response time of Windows becomes quite high.
- Your system stops and freezes again & again.
- Any repairing method cannot be used in the software.
- Keyboard & other input functions do not respond or function improperly.
QuickBooks Update 1328 Error: How to Repair?
The solutions to solve this error are:
Solution 1: Quickbooks Installation Process Repair
- Tap on the Start menu and in the search field, write up the Control Panel.
- Now you need to choose the option Programs and Features.
- Go to the QuickBooks desktop software and choose to uninstall.
- After the QBs installer comes, go for the tab Repair.
- After that, you need to apply the patch once this process is completed and then try opening the application.
- If the patch is not easily applied then you must be having some software issues, so you are recommended to go to the next solution.
Solution 2: Finding the config.msi File
- On the Desktop, click on My Computer.
- Go to the C drive & open it.
- Now within this drive, you have to go to the hidden files and folders.
- To find the hidden files and folders, tap on the option of Tools and then go to the Folders option.
- Choose the tab Options and click on the Hidden files as well as folders.
- Hit on Apply All Changes and then OK.
- Now you need to right-click on the file config.msi and rename it by using old^ before the file name extension. .
- Click on Enter and it will help you in securing your PC and other hidden files and folders.
Solution 3: Use Clean Installation to Reinstall
After the software is installed, you have to do a clean installation to reinstall the application. The steps to do this are.
- Via a CD installation Package, you can install the QuickBooks application software directly.
- From the main website of Intuit QuickBooks, you can find the software and download it. Open the file and do as per the steps on the screen shown by the installer, finish the process, and click on Finish.
Solution 4: Registry Repair Tool Use
- First, you have to apply the registry repair tool and try resolving the registry entries of the QBs software.
- After that, make use of a malware tool removal and solve the virus and other malware attacks on your PC.
- Delete all the temporary, corrupted, outdated, broken, and junk files to make a clean virus-free system.
- You need to remove and eliminate all the PC drivers that have become old and outdated.
- Now you have to restore the settings through the option Undo within Recent System Changes.
- Within the Control panel, as read above, you need to uninstall QBs and perform a clean reinstallation of it by doing the instructions shown on the screen.
- Do a Scan and open the Windows System File Checker (SFC).
- All the essential updates can be installed now.
Solution 5: Fix Quickbooks 1328 Update Error While POS v12 and v18 Update to its Latest Release (r4 and r14)
While updating POS QBs V18 or V12 to its latest release, you will get a message quoting “Error 1328 and error 2350: FDI Host” or “Microsoft Install Error: Error, 1328.”
Two ways have been given below to help you in rectifying QuickBooks error 1328 error updating the file.
- First, the name of the specified file will have to be renamed to: “C:\Config.MSU\PTFB53.tmp” and also the patch must also be reinstalled.
- Second, you need to reinstall the Point of Sale (POS) version, upgrade it to the latest version and you then have to apply the patch.
[*In case the installer update has a version different from QBs then, you will see the FDI server error. It can be also rectified by clicking on the button Ignore again and again.]
Solution 6: QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool Use
- First, you have to download the QuickBooks Diagnostics Install Tool from the Intuit website.
- After downloading, choose the .exe file and the diagnostic installer will open.
- After the tool has been installed, choose a folder directory to store the file.
- Now, you have to exit all the active programs in the background and open the QBs Install Tool.
- After the components have been updated, reboot the system.
[* The installation process is quite time-consuming and can take up to 10-12 minutes and this process is dependent on the network setup connectivity and system configuration]
You might like, Methods To Troubleshoot Quickbooks Error 80070057
Solution 7: Selective Startup Mode Use
At times antivirus, anti-spyware and anti-malware programs interrupt the QuickBooks installation. If this happens, then you will use the selective startup mode for the QuickBooks Desktop install. This mode helps the users to access some selective programs on their PC. We have provided a detailed procedure below. Just go through the steps and you will be ready to use the selective startup mode.
- On the keyboard, use Windows+ R keys to access the run command window.
- Write up MSConfig and tap on OK.
- Reach out for the general tab and select Selective Startup for loading system services.
- Now tap on Disable All.
- Uncheck the box of Hide All Microsoft Services.
- After that, you have to assure that the Windows Installer box is checked under the services list. If not ticked, tick it and click on OK.
- From System Configuration, reboot the system.
To restore the system to its default configuration, you have to carry out the process below.
- Open the run command dialog box again by holding Windows + R keys on the keyboard.
- Type in MSConfig and click on OK.
- Under the General tab, choose the option Normal Startup and then tap on OK.
- From System Configuration, reboot the system.
Solution 8: Windows Update
MSXML, C++, and Microsoft .Net Windows components are required to aid the functioning of the QuickBooks software. So you are recommended to have the Windows operating system updated. The steps below will help you in doing so.
- Open the Start menu and in the search field, write up windows updates.
- A windows updates icon will be seen on the screen. Double-tap on it.
- After that, you need to go for the option named Check for Updates and click on it.
- In case the system is already updated, no possible list of options will come up. But if a list does pop up, select it.
- Finally, you now have to restart the computer and check for the presence of the error.
Error 1328 Quickbooks Update is a general update error that can be witnessed when a user carries out installation, uninstallation, repair, or the QBs program update process. It will be shown as c:/config.ms/PT**.TMP. It is a temporary directory location of the folder that keeps this data and launches the installation again in case of installation failure. In this post, we have got all the concepts covered on Error Code 1328, its causes, how to detect, and multiple solutions to eradicate it and make your work operations error-free. We hope you are no longer in any trouble and if you feel satisfied with us, do check out our other error-related articles published on the website.