Quickbooks Database Server Manager Network Diagnostics Failed is an error that might appear in the system’s screen during accessing and updating the company file in multi-user mode. The error indicates that the user cannot open the QB file. The vital cause behind the failure is the issue between the database and other networks that lead to further hindrance like error H202.
Database server manager is the potential for multi-user mode of Quickbooks. Through this, the user gets access to the company file. The main function of the manager is to permit other systems in the network to access the company file stored on the server. But sometimes, it fails to do so and thus arise the error issue. In this guide, we will learn more about the error and also get to know about different troubleshooting methods to rectify the database server manager issue. So, now let’s start the article.
Brief Introduction : Quickbooks Database Server Manager
Quickbooks database server manager is a tool that is used in a connected network to share the company file among all users. With this tool, we can easily use any database over the network. But, sometimes when the user updates the QB software then the system frequently prompts with the Quickbooks database server manager network diagnostic failed. As a result, the user loses productivity in the work.
Causes for the Quickbooks Database Server Manager Stopped
The reasons for the error will be discussed in this section. It is mandatory to know the cause of every error in order to eradicate it from the root. We will apply the same method here and first, understand the causes for the error. So, let’s proceed.
- Using an outdated database server manager can bring the issue because it is not compatible with the updated software of Quickbooks and thus leads to some technical glitches that disturb the connectivity process.
- Windows Firewall is the main cause for lots of errors. Due to its properties, it restricts the software from accessing the significant ports used for connecting the Internet.
These two are the main causes of the hindrance. In order to eliminate the error, we have to first remove these two causes through troubleshooting given below.
Fixes – Quickbooks Database Server Manager Network Diagnostic Failed
After getting all the relevant information about the Quickbooks database server stopped, now it’s time to move into the solutions. Ensure to move to the later solutions only if the previous one would not fix the error. Therefore, just follow till you reach your destination.
Solution 1: Examine Version of Quickbooks Database Server Manager
- To initiate, tap on the windows + R button together.
- Enter Services.MSc in the run window.
- Moving on, press the enter button.
- Now the user needs to look for the QuickBooksDBXX service and identify if the last two digits in the name of the process match with the Quickbooks desktop version.
- Ensure that the QuickBooksDB26 is for QuickBooks 2016 version, QuickBooksDB27 for 2017, and so on.
- If the user is having a different version of Database Server Manager then it is recommended to install the most appropriate version of the component for resolving the error.
Solution 2: Update Quickbooks Database Server Manager
If the above solution failed and till now you cannot access the company file in multi-user mode. Then, try to update the Quickbooks Database Server Manager with the steps provided below:
- Start the process by hitting on the windows start menu.
- After that search Quickbooks from the search bar.
- Moving on, choose the Quickbooks database server manager and tap on the update option.
- Once done, follow the onscreen instructions carefully for installing the latest updates of the Quickbooks database server manager.
- When the update process is completed, you need to restart the server.
- Also, when the other user from the workstation tries to access the company file. Then, the window will prompt with an update of the company file message.
- The user first needs to make the backup of the company file then proceed with the update of the company file.
- In the last step, just open the company file and examine if the error is resolved or not.
You may also like: Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool – Fix QB Installation Errors
Solution 3: Configure the Quickbooks Database Service (QBDBXX)
Configuring the Quickbooks database service might resolve the fault. In order to carry out the procedure, move into the steps below:
- The first thing that the user needs to do is to type the Services option in the Search Programs and Files search box.
- Once done click on the services option from the list.
- After that, the user needs to scroll down and then right tap on QuickBooksDBXX service.
- If QuickBooksDBXX is running then choose the stop button.
- In the next step, perform a right-click on the service option and select Properties.
- Now navigate to the general tab and modify the start-up type from manual to automatic.
- Just move to the login tab and try to switch to the local system account.
- Eventually, under the recovery tab, tap on the restart the service option for subsequent failures.
- In the final step, the user needs to close the window and choose to start from the left side of the services window.
Solution 4: Configure Windows Firewall
Now we need to configure the windows firewall with the help of these steps:
- To begin, launch the windows start menu.
- Now type in Windows firewall into the search bar.
- After that, open the windows firewall.
- In the next step, choose the advanced settings.
- Moving ahead, right-click on the inbound rule and choose the New rule.
- Once completing the above steps, the user requires to choose the port.
- Hit the next button now.
- Then move towards the TCP and select it.
- Ensure to type the specific ports in the specific local sports field.
- Subsequently, click on the next tab.
- Having done all these steps, now select allows the connection and tap on the Next button.
- Keep in mind to mark all the profiles.
- If the window prompts any text then just click on the Next button.
- Now try to create a rule and also give it a name.
- In the last step, just tap on the finish tab.
Solution 5: Install Windows Firewall Updates
- In the initial step, the user needs to press Windows + R button.
- Now enter the control panel in the run window.
- After that press the enter tab and then tap on the System and Security.
- Alternatively, you can also use the command “firewall.cpl” to access the firewall settings.
- Hit on the windows firewall now.
- Moving on, navigate to the update now option and Use Recommended Settings.
- The user needs to wait here till the update procedure is going on.
- Once the update completes, restart the system and access the Quickbooks software.
Solution 6: Restart the Quickbooks Database Server Manager Service
- One more time hit the Windows + R keys together.
- Now in the run box, enter Services.msc.
- Try to search for the option Quickbooks Database Server Manager Service as
- QuickBooksDB28 for the 2018 version of QuickBooks, QuickBooksDB27 for the 2017 version of QuickBooks, and QuickBooksDB26 for the 2016 version of QuickBooks, etc.
Solution 7: Scan with Quickbooks File Doctor Tool
- In order to start the procedure, the user first needs to download the Quickbooks Tool Hub file.
- The download procedure may take some time so wait until it completes.
- Once the download completed, save it on the desktop or on the location where you can find it easily.
- Moving on, launch the downloaded file.
- Install the tool by following the onscreen prompts.
- Aftermath, open the tool hub and select the tab named company file issue.
- Now the user needs to use Run Quickbooks File Doctor.
- Go ahead and select the company file from the drop-down menu.
- If you cannot find the file then tap on the browse button to look for it.
- Once spotting the file, choose to check your file and click on the continue button.
- End the process by entering the Quickbooks admin password and also press the next button.
Altogether this is the guide to solve the issue within the Quickbooks database server manager. We hope that these 7 solutions resolved the error. However, if the error persists then feel free to take the guidance and advice from the Quickbooks enterprise technical team. With the support of the team, you would surely fix the issue in a lesser time.