Quickbooks Auto Data Recovery is a great tool that is used to recover the lost data. At times, the users of Quickbooks receive various kinds of errors. Consequently, the fear of losing the company file arises as these bugs provide harm to the data stored in our QB file. In order to escape from this situation, Intuit has designed and developed Auto data recovery. It resides in our system as a Quickbooks Auto Data Recovery folder that secure us from getting loss our all data by making a backup of all the company files at the correct time.
Through this guide, we will learn how we can make the Auto Data Recovery Quickbooks function on the system. So, you don’t need to be worried if you lose all your data as this tool comes as a savior that will recover the entire important data. Now, let’s get into this post and learn many more unknown things about this utmost tool. So, let’s get started.
Quickbooks Auto Data Recovery
ADR is an essential tool that every other businessman needs. The loss of data can be really traumatic in any kind of business. But, if we have the utmost power of ADR then we can easily surpass this hard situation. The user needs to know that the Auto Data Recovery feature makes use of the current Transaction Log file and a replica of the company file to create the backup of all the vanished transactions except the ones done in the last few hours. It is the quickest that a user can ask for recovering the lost data.
Quickbooks Auto Data Recovery recovers the lost files through two methods given below:
- It can either recover the lost transaction through the use of the current transaction log file and a copy of the company file.
- Or, recovering the recent transactions with a copy of the company file and the transaction log file.
In order to know more about these two ways in detail, you have to follow the entire guide having step by step process to recover the lost data. But, before that, we need to know some important points that will guide us in the process of using the tool.
Points to know before using Quickbooks Auto Data Recovery Tool
Before using the tool we have to understand some points so that we will not do further mistakes and worsen the situation.
- The tool allows us to take the backup of the maximum file size of 1.5 Gigabytes. If the file size is bigger then we can proceed with the operation of creating the Quickbooks Auto Data Recovery Files.
- If you are having the Accountants Edition then you can restore the data as ADR is not available there.
- Moreover, only the users of Quickbooks Pro, Premier, or Enterprise Solutions can access the ADR tool.
- In order to have the best working of this tool, you need to download the latest updated version of Quickbooks.
So, these are some essential points that you must know before performing the operation. Now, let’s move into the section below and learn how we can recover the lost data.
You may also like: QuickBooks Update Error #404: Learn How to Fix? (A Guide With Solutions)
How to Restore Quickbooks Auto Data Recovery
As we told earlier that there are two methods through which the ADR restores the lost data. We move into them one by one. So, let’s know about the first method.
Method 1: Recovering the lost data with the use of the original .TLG file and .QBW.adr file
The user needs to use these two files to carry out the further procedure. Now, let’s move into the steps below:
1. The first thing that you need to do is to make a new folder on the desktop and name it QBTest.
2. In the second step, try to access the folder that consists of the company file.
3. If you cannot find it then press F2 or Ctrl + 1 to open the Product Information that will guide you with the location of the company file.
4. Alternatively, you can also move to the No Company Open Window to know the file location.
5. Once finding the file location, look for the .tlg file on the company file’s folder. Ensure that the company file you are searching for will have the same name as your company file.
6. In case you become unable to find the .tlg file then check out the steps given below:
Steps to find the .tlg file
- First of all, press Windows + E and open the File Explorer.
- Now select organize options and then click on Folder to search for options (Windows 10, 8.1, and 8).
- Moving on, tap on the view option and select the File Name Extension.
- In the next step, select the Hide Extensions for known file types.
- Followed by tapping on the apply button and then hit the OK button.
7. Now that you have spotted the .tlg file. It’s time to copy and paste it into the QBTest folder that is saved on the desktop.
8. After that access the QuickBooksAutoRecovery folder. You can get the file in the same location where the company file is stored.
9. Move towards the QBTest folder and right-click on the .QBW.adr file.
10. Now choose the rename option.
11. Once done with the entire task, select .adr option located at the end of the file name and delete the same.
12. Next, open the company file that is stored in the QBTest folder.
13. Try to check and confirm that All transactions are there in the file through the use of the account register.
14. Now you need to verify data by following the given series File>Utilities>Verify Data.
15. Finally, you can easily transfer the damaged file to some other location and replace the same with the copied file that is saved in the QBTest folder to the original location.
16. This is the first method that you can perform in order to restore the data. If the data is not restored yet then follow the next method.
You may also like: QuickBooks Data File Repair Guide: Everything You Need To Know
Method 2: Recovering the Recent Transactions using the .QBW.adr and .TLG.adr files
It should be noted that this method can take up to 12 hours. So, if you have efficiency then only prefer this one.
1. The user needs to commence the procedure by creating a new folder on the desktop.
2. Now give it a name as QBTest.
3. Through the use of the Quickbooks company file feature, try to access the QuickbooksAutoDataRecovery.
Now try to check the location of the company file from the product information and No company open window. In order to open it, press F2 keys or Ctrl + 1.
4. Try to access the .TLG.adr and .adr files. These files having the same name as your company file.
If you are unable to search the .TLG.adr and .QBW.adr then take the lead of these steps.
- First of all, open File Explorer by pressing Windows + E keys on your keyboard.
- Now select the organize tab and select the Folder and search options.
- After that choose the view option and then select the File name extension.
- Moving on, choose to Hide extension for know file types and then select apply button.
- Followed by clicking on the OK button.
5. Now copy the .TLG.adr and .QBW.adr files and paste them to QBTest folder.
6. Once done with that, choose the two files and paste them into the QBTest folder.
7. Moreover, delete the .adr.
8. After this open the Quickbooks and the company file that is saved on the QBTest folder.
9. Try to use the account register to verify the transactions.
10. In addition to this, you need to follow the given series to verify the integrity of the data File> Utilities > Verify Data.
11. Now in case, the recovered data is not damaged in any way then you can copy it from the QBTest folder and paste the same in the original Quickbooks company file folder.
Hopefully, the article enlightens you with the use of the Quickbooks Auto Data Recovery tool and you have also restored the loss data of the company file. But, if you cannot perform the steps and fail in doing so then take guidance from the experts of this field by contacting the Quickbooks customer care team. You can also resolve your further queries if you have any. So, don’t hesitate and dial.