The World’s most favorite business tool Quickbooks provides the best growth to entrepreneurs with its power-packed performance. The entrepreneurs are not only just growing but entering into a new innovative world where everything is done with just some taps and clicks. The managing skills of Quickbooks are so good and fast that the user can access it anytime and anywhere. This is the great efficiency of this tool that makes it the most trusted software of the business organization.
But, we often forget that Quickbooks is just one software and runs parallel with some bugs and glitches. So, it is normal to get errors while working on the software. Though, sometimes the error becomes irritating and annoying as they cannot get resolved. So we need some troubleshooting to get back the productivity of the work. In this blog, we are going to discuss one such Quickbooks abort error and the troubleshooting methods to resolve it.
Not only this but the blog also contains the causes and symptoms related to the Quickbooks keeps aborting. So, it’s not just a troubleshooting guide but a complete guide containing everything that you should need to know about the error. Now, let’s move on to the first section and get the answer to what is Quickbooks abort error.
What is Quickbooks Abort Error?
Quickbooks abort error usually appears in the system when the QBWUSER.INI file becomes damaged and corrupted which gives rise to unexpected crashes. Not only this but the error also denies the user to have the access to the company file.
The error needs to be resolved as soon as possible because it not only hinders the business functionality but also provides damages to the company data stored in the system. Now, let’s move on to the several causes and factors that lead to the error issue in the system.
Why do I keep getting Quickbooks abort error for desktop
If you are also wondering why do you getting Quickbooks abort error for desktop then read this section containing each and everything that answers this question.
Well, there is not a path through which the error enters into the system but there are some causes that lead to the error. We have compiled a list of all the factors that trigger this issue.
- Corrupted hard drive
- QBWUSER.INI files got missing.
- Forget to save the changes before shutting down the system.
- Using different versions of the Quickbooks on multi-user mode.
- Corruption within the windows operating system.
- Leaving the Quickbooks updates in between.
- Incorrect configuration of Firewall.
- Obstacles created by the antivirus.
- When Quickbooks software becomes corrupted and damaged.
With this list, you can easily resolve the error by removing all these causes from the system and the troubleshooting given below will help you in doing the same. The causes not only bring errors but also creates various kinds of disturbance into the system. Below is a full list of all the hindrances that appear in the system that also turn out to be the identification of the Quickbooks abort error.
You may also like: 5 Ways to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Runtime Error Quickly – [Solved]
What are the Identifications of Quickbooks keeps Aborting
Move on towards this section if you want to identify the error that is corrupting your system. The system showing several signs during the occurrence of the Quickbooks abort error. Read the list below to know each one of them.
- The system is getting closed or shut down.
- Frequents freezing of the software leads to the shutdown of the program.
- The termination of the Quickbooks desktop in windows 8.
- A sudden and instant system crash.
- Having the Quickbooks unrecoverable error message with the description of the error.
If the system is also showing any of these signs and symptoms then jumps to the troubleshooting given below and fix all the hindrances created by the error
How to troubleshoot Quickbooks Abort Error?
The user must need to try each solution before jumping to the best one and if you want to prevent the company file from getting lost then create a copy for the same. Now, let’s get into the troubleshooting given here and try to resolve the error.
Solution 1: Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Quickbooks install the diagnostic tool in an inbuilt tool that comes with the Quickbooks tool hub. The user can easily access this tool and resolve various kinds of error issues. The steps below will guide you to do so:
- Initiate the procedure by downloading the Quickbooks tool hub and saving the file.
- The user now needs to open the downloaded file named with QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- Moving on, try to Install the tool by performing a click on the tab named agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once done with the above process, launch the tool hub.
- Then, select the installation issues tab.
- After that click on the Quickbooks install diagnostic tool.
- The window will show you the scanning process, the user needs to wait until it is going on.
- If the scanning becomes completed then reboot the system.
- In the end, launch the desktop version of Quickbooks to complete the process.
Solution 2: Rename the QBWUSER.INI
With this solution, you can easily rectify the error issue. But it also deletes the last list of files that are opened so, you need to do redo these steps manually.
- To begin, try to find the folder having a QBWUSER.INI file.
- Then, move towards the location :\[username]\AppData\Intuit\quickbooks [year]\.
- Hit the QBWUSER.INI
- Now, choose the rename option and also add .OLD extension.
- After that, rename the .ecml file.
- End the process by opening the file.
Solution 3: Run Quickbooks File Doctor Tool
Quickbooks file doctor tool is another best tool of the Quickbooks tool hub. The user with these steps below can easily rectify the Quickbooks abort error.
- The first thing that the user needs to do is to download the Quickbooks file doctor tool and locate it.
- Once done with the download process, launch the tool by double-clicking.
- If you are unable to find it then search the file with the name QBFD.exe
- Make a step forward and move towards the on-screen guidelines to install the tool.
- Wait until the installation process completes and double-click on it when the installation becomes completed.
- Now, the error will be get resolved easily without any further tasks.
You may also like: Solve QuickBooks Error Loading Sync Manager: 7 Easy Solutions For ALL
Solution 4: Verify the Hosting Status
- Start the procedure by moving towards the File menu.
- Then, move the cursor to the utility option.
- Moving on, select stop hosting to multi-user access.
- Now, you have to move the company file on multi-user access.
- End the process by selecting the box named Open file in multi-user mode.
Solution 5: Disable Antivirus
Antivirus through providing hindrances into the communicating path leads to so many errors. So, it must be recommended that try to disable the antivirus and other security programs to work fluently on the Quickbooks desktop. But, before proceeding with this operation try to consult with an IT expert as they can give you a better solution and also prevents you from getting involved in any further frustration.
Solution 6: Configure the Firewall
A firewall can bring so much trouble to the system because of its properties and features. So, it is recommended to follow these steps given below to configure the Firewall and to limit its properties that hinder the procedure.
- First of all, move to the windows start menu.
- Then, enter the windows firewall.
- The user now hits the tab named advanced setting.
- After that, select the inbound rules and then proceed towards the new rule.
- Once done with the above process, select the Port and then hit the next tab.
- Ensure to select the TCP.
- Now, the user needs to move to the specific local ports box and type the ports of the Quickbooks version.
- Move your cursor to the bottom and hit the next tab.
- Now, choose to allow the connection and again hit the next tab.
- The user needs to ensure to mark all the profiles and after that hit the next button.
- Then, move on with creating a rule and give it a name.
- In the last, press the finish tab and end the process.
Solution 7: Run Verify and Rebuild Data Utility
Try this last solution consisting of verifying and rebuilding data utility. With the steps below, the user can easily begin the operation.
- Start the procedure by opening the Quickbooks desktop.
- Then, choose the file menu.
- After that, hit the utility tab and select verify data.
- Verify that the error text disappears or not, if it is gone then the issue is resolved and if not then try to run the rebuild tool.
- Now, the error message will appear stating your data has lost integrity. If you getting it then move on to the next step.
- In this step, move to the File menu and choose utilities.
- Select the rebuild data option.
- If you encounter the backup company file window then click on the OK tab.
- Try to save the backup of the company file by selecting the location of the system.
- Now, verify the process of rebuilding data has begun or not.
- In the end, select the option to restore the backup copy.
You may also like: QuickBooks Error The File Exists Solved in 6 Ways: (Guide with Solutions)
We hope that all these solutions will help you in fixing the Quickbooks abort error. But, if you still get the error message then there might be some other issues within the system that lead to the error. In order to know about it, try to contact the Quickbooks customer care team for better help and support.
If you want to know about more Quickbooks errors then check out the website having troubleshooting methods for various kinds of errors. All the article contains a step-by-step guide that can be easily understood and performed by everyone.