Quickbooks is one of the gems of this new tech world that is evolving every day to meet its user’s needs. It turns out to be the most used accounting software that has provided a new place to all the tiny entrepreneurs out there. The software also sets a new definition of the business and finance world by providing the preassumed growth to each and every entrepreneur. But sometimes the user receives some kinds of glitches that provide hindrances to the ongoing work. In this guide, we will be going to provide Quickbooks 2015 error code 80029c4a.
So, if you are among the users who get troubled with the Quickbooks 2015 error code 80029c4a then read this full guide and get to know not only about the troubleshooting methods to resolve it but also about its definition, causes, and symptoms that will help you in gaining the basic understanding of the error issue. So, till now you have an idea about different things that you will get to know in this article. Now, let’s move into the first section of the article containing the answer to the question of what exactly is this error.
What is Quickbooks 2015 error code 80029c4a
Quickbooks 2015 error code 80029c4a appears when the user tries to launch the Quickbooks application. There might be many reasons behind the occurrence of the error that we will discuss later but the most important is the improper working of the Quickbooks component that will result in losing the dynamic link library.
The error indicating the corruption within the system through its error message that reads like “Quickbooks couldn’t load a system component. Restarting your computer might solve the problem or Error type: 80029c4a- can’t load dynamic link library (DLL)”. The error text also turns out to be one of the signs that will help the user to identify the error issue. Now, let’s move into its several factors that are responsible for the Quickbooks error code 80029c4a.
What are the factors responsible for Quickbooks 2015 error code 80029c4a
- If the user has done the incomplete installation of the Quickbooks desktop then leads to the error issue.
- Presence of some corrupted and damaged Quickbooks files in the system.
- Antimalware and antivirus are other factors that prevent the Quickbooks programs to carry on with the ongoing task.
- Sometimes, the user deletes some Quickbooks-related files, if you have also done the same then get ready for the error.
- Lastly, the corruption within the windows registry can bring Quickbooks error code 80029c4a into the system.
So, these are all the factors that can instantly corrupt all the programs and data stored in the system by triggering such kinds of error issues into the system.
What are the identifications of Quickbooks error code 80029c4a
Through the knowledge of signs and symptoms, the users can easily identify the error and tackle the same in minimal time because it tells the user that the system is corrupted and it demands some troubleshooting to remove all those hindrances that slowing down the system. Now, let’s move into the list of the signs to identify the error.
- The system becomes slows down.
- All the active programs and windows stop with a sudden crash.
- Windows performing slowly and sluggishly.
- The error text states like “Error code: 80029c4a, Description: Error loading type library/DLL” appearing on the window.
- The frequent freezing of the system.
You may also like: Windows Update Error 80244019: Step-by-Step Troubleshooting Guide
How to Resolve Quickbooks error code: 80029c4a?
With the knowledge of causes and identifications of the error, the user now needs to rectify all those frequent crashes and slowing performance of the system through the troubleshooting methods that will remove all the factors from the system that are arising the disturbance into the system. So, let’s move into the methods that the user needs to perform to tackle and resolve the Quickbooks 2015 error code 80029c4a.
Method 1: Clean install on Quickbooks desktop
- Proceed the first method by reinstalling the Quickbooks with the use of clean install.
- Later, the user needs to update the software to the latest available version.
If you are wondering how to do? Then, move ahead with these steps:
- Hit the file menu.
- Select the close firm or logoff icon.
Note: In case there are multiple company files on the QB desktop then the user needs to use these further steps for each and every firm that is opened.
- First of all, navigate to the File menu and hit the exit icon.
- Tap on the option run as administrator.
- This will open up a new window named no company open on the system’s screen.
- After that, the user needs to tap on the help menu and choose update Quickbooks.
- Hit the options icon.
- Select the mark all icon followed by clicking the save button.
- Now, tap on the update now tab.
- Moving on, checkmark the reset update tab and hit the blue color tab named get updates.
- Once done with the update process, the user will be notified by the message.
- After that, close the Quickbooks desktop.
- Click the yes tab when receiving the message of installing updates.
- Lastly, try to reboot the system when the update is finished.
Key Point to Consider: The user must have the Quickbooks installation CD with its license number and Quickbooks downloaded file before proceeding with the uninstallation of the software.
Method 2: Run Reboot.bat file
- The user needs to first close the Quickbooks desktop.
- Then, move to the folder having reboot.bat file and open the file.
- After that, navigate to the Quickbooks desktop and perform a right-click on it.
- In this step, choose the properties option.
- Now, hit on the open file location.
- Moving ahead, perform a right-click on the reboot.bat file and select Run as a system administrator.
- The user has to run reboot.bat as the windows administrator.
Note: The file in your system can be shown either as reboot.bat or reboot depending on the settings of the windows folder. So don’t get confused and carry on with this operation.
- Make sure to not close the running window as it will disable the function of the reboot.bat file utility.
- End the process by restarting the system.
Method 3: Run Windows System File Checker
- Start the procedure by tapping on the start icon and enter the search bar.
- Now, press and hold Ctrl + shift button from the keyboard and press the enter button.
- Click on the yes tab that is showing on the permission box.
- This will make a black box appear on the window, enter SFC/scannow there.
- Then, hit enter.
- The user needs to remain there until the system file checker finishes the scanning process for Quickbooks error code 80029c4a
- Move ahead by following the onscreen prompts.
Now, the user needs to check if any of the programs listed below appear in the quarantine section or not. If they are then try to allow them full access to go through the firewall.
- The user can get all these files in C:\Program Files\Intuit\Quickbooks (year).
- And other files with (x86) having 64-bit versions can be found in locations like C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\Quickbooks 20XX.
Method 4: Scan the System
The user can rectify Quickbooks 2015 error code 80029c4a through the scanning process as well. It is the easiest method and can be performed in lesser time, unlike the earlier ones. Scanning helps in removing all the hindrances that are caused by malware or virus. The user can easily perform it by considering two important points given below:
- The first keynote is the use of windows virus and threat protection for the possible virus and malware attacks.
- Alternatively, the user can also install and use external antivirus for finding and resolving all the possible Trojan attacks.
You may also like: Fix Windows Update Error 80072ee2 : [Troubleshooting Guide]
Method 5: Uninstall and Reinstall the Quickbooks file
Proceed the method and move on to the steps below according to your windows version:
For Windows 8 &10
- First of all, perform a right-click on the windows icon.
- In windows 8, select programs and features, and in windows 10 select apps and features.
- The user now needs to search for Quickbooks pro error code 80029c4a associated program.
- Now, choose the Quickbooks pro-related entry.
- Move on to the uninstall/change option.
- Carry on with the procedure by following the onscreen prompts.
For Windows XP
- The first step thing that the user needs to do is to hit the start icon.
- Then, open programs and features and select the control panel.
- Now, move to the add or remove programs.
- After that, search for Quickbooks pro error code 80029c4a related program.
- Move ahead and tap on the Quickbooks pro-related entry.
- Perform a click on the uninstall/change option.
- At last, follow the on-screen prompts and carry on with the procedure.
For Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Start the procedure by navigating to the start button and hit on the programs and features.
- Then, move to the control panel and open it.
- Moving ahead click on the programs and select programs and features.
- Try to search for error code 80029c4a related program.
- After that, the user needs to click on the Quickbooks pro-related entry.
- Now, click on the uninstall button.
- Navigate towards the onscreen prompts to end the process.
Method 6: Perform a Window Repair
Try to execute the windows repair, follow these steps:
- First of all, close the Quickbooks.
- Then, go to the windows icon.
- After that, navigate to the control panel.
- Moving ahead, select uninstall or change the application.
- Navigate to the program and choose Quickbooks from the list.
- Now, the user needs to hit on the uninstall/change button.
- Proceeding with the procedure and choose the next tab in the Quickbooks installation window.
- Click on the repair tab appearing just as shown in the picture.
- Then, hit the finish tab and follow the further procedure.
- The user will encounter that the Quickbooks program will be recovered.
- Try to reboot the system.
- At last, try to open the Quickbooks application to ensure that it opens normally.
Method 7: Update Avast Antivirus Definition
Antivirus and antimalware turn out to be the major cause behind every other Quickbooks error. So, this method does not resolve the Quickbooks 2015 error code 80029c4a but also resolve so many other that you can encounter in the future. So, try this method also but before providing any changes to the anti-virus program it is recommended to consult with the IT specialist. Now, let’s check out these steps below.
- The first thing that the user needs to do is to navigate to the avast icon and perform a right-click on it.
- Hit on the update option.
- Now, click on the program.
- After that, follow the onscreen guidelines and try to update the avast program.
- Once done with the process, try to update the PC protection as well.
You may also like: How To Fix Windows Update Error 80092004 – Causes and Solutions
Hopefully! The Quickbooks 2015 error code 80029c4a will get resolved with all these troubleshooting methods provided to you. The article consists of everything including its causes, symptoms, and troubleshooting that the user should need to know. We hope that you all will find this article relevant and resourceful. But, if we forget to resolve any of your queries and doubts and the error still persists on the system’s screen then it is recommended to contact the Quickbooks customer care team. They will provide you better help in resolving the error issue and also resolve all your queries.