Quickbooks is the most reliable software in the accounting world. It helps in regulating the business processes. But, some errors and bugs can lead to the blockage of the software. In this guide, we will be going to understand one such Qbw32.exe error. So, if you are struggling with the issue then just focus on this guide and use the solutions given below to eliminate the error.
Talking about the guide, here we will get to know a little brief of QBW32.exe, its reasons and causes that lead to the error, and lastly, the solutions to tackle this kind of hindrance. So, now let’s make us aware of the error.
What is QBW32.exe?
QBW32.exe is a software element of Quickbooks. The .exe extension represents the Windows executable file. You will find this extension on every program that is executable. This executable program helps in creating new records and folders in the Windows registry. Additionally, it also processes the entire computer data in the company file folder.
The average size of the file is 1.13 MB. It sometimes causes few problems in the system. Other major facts about QbW32.exe:
- Location– C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 13.0\ subfolder
- Publisher– Intuit
- Size– 493.37 KB or 1.13 MB
QBW32.exe Error: A Quick Brief
QBW32.exe error enables the user to access the QB desktop software on the Windows operating systems like Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10. It also has a connection with the value of payroll. So, when the error occurs, the functionality of the following path becomes disturbed and Users face several problems while:
- Installation of the programs.
- Starting or shutting down the system.
- Taking a printout and so on.
- Execution of Quickbooks Enterprise Solutions: Accountant Edition 13.0
- Installation of the Windows operating system.
Well, the vital cause behind the app crash error is spam emails, accessing harmful or corrupted websites. But, users also stated that the error appears after downloading and updating the latest version of the Quickbooks. So, it can be another cause of the error.
Like any other error, this error also shows some error messages that make the user recognizing the error issue. In order to know about them, you have to jump to the next section.
Common Error messages of QBW32.exe
The most common QBW32.exe error messages that can haunt you are as follows:
- Error starting program: qbw32.exe
- qbw32.exe is not a valid Win32 application.
- Faulting Application Path: qbw32.exe
- Cannot find qbw32.exe
- Qbw32.exe Application Error
- Qbw32.exe is not running.
- Qbw32.exe failed
- Qbw32.exe not found.
All of these error messages appear due to some causes. In order to tackle the issue, we must need to know what are those causes and factors responsible for this obstruction.
Factors Responsible for the Error
The QBW32.exe fatal application error appears due to these two causes:
- The system file qbwin32.dll is not located in the Quickbooks directory.
- The file qbw32.exe may have been removed from the Quickbooks directory.
Now that we have understood the error issue and its possible causes. It’s time to move to the troubleshooting section.
Best Solutions to Troubleshoot QBW32.exe
Through this troubleshooting section, we will try each and every solution to fix the critical error. Since the error restricts the user to access the system. For that reason, we will try to reboot it.
Restarting the system resets the registry and RAM if somehow they stop responding. After rebooting, just check the error message and carry out the further procedure if the error is not resolved.
Solution 1: Shut the Process of QBW32.exe
- The first thing that you need to do is to right-click on the taskbar of Windows.
- Then tap on the start Task Manager.
- After that select the Process button.
- Now choose the Image name header in order to arrange the processes alphabetically.
- Moving on, try to spot the QBW32.exe and tap on the end process.
Solution 2: Suppress the Quickbooks accounting application
- First of all, right-click on the Quickbooks Desktop icon and hit the Ctrl Key.
- Then, tap on the open function.
- Do not press the Ctrl key till the No company open window appears.
- Aftermath, just open the Quickbooks file.
Solution 3: Reboot the Computer System
Another method to fix the error is to restart the computer. After restarting, just try to access the Quickbooks software.
Solution 4: Run Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- The first and foremost step for you to do is to download the Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Try to save the file in your system when it is suggested.
- Now shut all the running programs in Quickbooks desktop and try to run QBinstall Tool.
- You need to be settled here for around 20 minutes as the scanning will take that much time to diagnose the error.
- Once the tool has done its work, reboot the system in order to apply the recent changes.
Solution 5: Repair the Quickbooks Desktop Software
- Before proceeding, first, make the backup of the company files on Quickbooks desktop, and if you have not, then backup the QB file in the cloud.
- After that restart the system and stop the running programs as it ensures that no 3rd party programs are interfering with the Quickbooks desktop repair process.
- Then access the control panel of the system.
- Type programs and features and hit the uninstall a program to open a window.
- In this step, try to locate the Quickbooks desktop in the list of programs installed on the computer.
- Choose the same and hit the Uninstall/Change followed by hitting the next button.
- Now a new window will appear. Choose the repair tab and then press the next tab.
- The repair process will start after this. You need to sure that the system does not shut down during the process.
- After the repairing process is done. Click on the Finish tab.
- Make sure to reboot the system before accessing the Quickbooks application.
- In the last, try to update the software to the latest version and then open it from the desktop icon.
Solution 6: Clean Install of Quickbooks Software
- Firstly, make sure that you have created a backup of the company file.
- Now, move towards the Programs and Features window from the control panel.
- Try to locate the Quickbooks desktop application.
- Moving on, tap on the Uninstall/repair tab next to the QBDesktop application name.
- In the popup window, click on the uninstall and next.
- The process can take some time. Hit on the finish tab if it is completed.
- Once done, restart the computer and download the QB desktop from the Intuit website.
- Ensure to download the version that you have purchased.
- Now try to find the License number.
- Subsequently, try to install the software and use the same number to activate it.
- In the next step, close all the windows and again restart the system.
- Perform double-click on the QB desktop icon and access the application.
In this article, we have tried to mention every slight detail related to the error. Hopefully, solutions prove best for you and resolve the QBW32.exe. But, if somehow the error not gets resolved then try to contact the Quickbooks customer care team. They are working round the clock for the comfort of their customers. So, you can take help from them if you have any further issues and queries concerning the error.