PlayStation 5 has arrived but we are all still boosting through Playstation 4. This gaming giant by Sony is still the trend, at least till we all are equipped with PS5. This is exactly why PS4 is one of the world’s most popular and favorite PlayStation. It has a perfect Refresh rate with outstanding Graphic settings, which gives us a smooth and hassle-free gaming experience. That being said, there are also some bummers like the PS4 update error that causes havoc. What a mood killer, right?
Despite being the perfect PS of its time, there still are some errors that may pop up while you are scoring goals in FIFA 21. Usually, the ps4 update 7.02 error and ps4 update 7.51 error are the ominous villains that tend to kill our joy.
Anyway, there is nothing to worry about. We are here to help you with an arsenal full of solutions to the ps4 system update error. The good news is that you can resume playing your UFC, Mortal Kombat 11, Fortnite, COD, and God of Wars in just a matter of time.
All you need to do is to follow each solution by us one by one. You have to try out each method till you find the right method that works for you. So, without any further ado let’s jump straight into it.
How to fix the PS4 Update 7.02 Error and the PS4 Update 7.51 Error?
There are three ways, using which you can rectify the ps4 update error. Let’s have a look at what they are.
Solutions to Ps4 update error
Solution 1: System software update
Updating the PS4 in safe mode could help in eradicating this error. Here is how you can do that. Carry out each step carefully to avoid further chaos.
- In case your PS4 is on, you have to turn it off.
- Now, you will have to press the power button for a while. You will hear two beeps.
- Let go power button after the second beep.
- Now you will have to connect your PS4 with the DualShock 4 control pad using a USB cable.
- Next, press the PS button on your DualShock 4.
- On the safe mode menu, you have to choose the update system software.
- Simply choose the option named Update Using the Internet.
- First, format the USB to FAT32.
- Now, you will have to open the PS4 system software update 7.51 page.
- Here, click on the link named Download PS4 update file.
- The title for the file should be set as PS4UPDATE.PUP
- Plug the USB Drive into the PC.
- Open the USB’s file explorer and create a new folder. Name it as PS4.
- Create one more folder and name it as Update.
Read How To Troubleshoot Itunes Update Error in Simple Steps?
Moving the update pack
- First of all, open the folder that contains the update package.
- Select on the folder and choose move to option.
- Now, click on choose location.
- Move the file to the folder named Update in the USB drive.
- Eject the USB from your PC and insert it into your PS4.
- Start the Console in safe mode as discussed above.
- Connect the DualShock4 with the PS4. Now press the PS pairing button.
- Next, choose the Update System Software and then the Update from USB Storage Device in the safe mode.
- Choose the OK option.
- Choose the Next button. Simply, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Solution 2: Going back to the default settings
- As we discussed earlier, you have to open your PS4 in safe mode.
- From the top menu, you have to select restore default settings.
- Choose the yes option and then hit the x button to confirm.
- Simply reboot your PS4.
Solution 3: Utilizing the option of Initialize PS4
- First of all, save your PS4 data to a USB drive or cloud storage system.
- Also, save the system software to a USB drive.
- Now, insert the USB drive that contains the PS4 system software.
- Launch your pS4 in safe mode.
- Select the option named Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software).
- Select Ok to confirm.
This is how you resolve the ps4 update error. Hopefully, we could help you out in resolving this error. Do check out other articles to solve other errors. Till then, adios.