It is important to update your iTunes. Not just because it brings new features and interface but also to rectify bugs. Perhaps, you must have seen most of the iOS users keeping their iTunes up to date. This is the reason for that. Updates bring new security, privacy, and error fixes which are essential for your operating system. Now, we know the vitality of updates but there are instances when you cannot actually update iTunes. This is known as an iTunes update error.
Anyway, we will figure out a perfect way for you to eradicate the iTunes update download error. So, without further ado let’s check them out.
What are the different types of iTunes errors?
These are the different types of iTunes errors.
- The first and yet most common error is the update verification error. This is a type of error in which the iTunes update can’t be verified. This is because the download contains a corrupted or damaged file.
- The second type of error is the connectivity error. In this error, the application is unable to connect with the server. Even after several attempts.
- The third type of error is the apple application support. The apple application support cannot be installed in this type of error.
How to solve the iTunes update error?
There are multiple ways that you can try out to resolve this issue. You have to try out each method one by one until you find the right solution that works out well for you.
Solutions For iTunes Update Error
Download the update manually
Mostly, manually updating the software eradicates the iTunes update error 4000. You just have to follow these steps to do so.
- Uninstall iTunes along with all the related files and components.
- When the uninstall is finished, you have to visit apple’s official website and download the latest version of iTunes.
- As soon as the download is complete, you have to start the installation process by clicking on the downloaded file.
- Just follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Manually update Apple software update application
- First of all, launch the apple software update app on your computer.
- Check for updates. Tick the box in front of the apple software update and leave all the other boxes blank.
- Next, click on install.
- The download will get started and so will the installation.
- You can also update the iTunes application using this software. Repeat the same process and tick the box in front of iTunes and leave all other boxes unticked.
Methods To Troubleshoot Windows Update Error 0x80240fff
With the help of iMyFone TunesFix
If none of the above methods worked, you can seek the help of a third-party application. iMyFone TunesFix will be the perfect companion for this. It has many specialized tools in its arsenal. iMyFone will easily and automatically detect the issue with your iTunes. This tremendous software will also fix the issue in just a matter of time.
- Here is how to use this software.
- First of all, download the iMyFone TunesFix tool.
- Install by following the on-screen instructions.
- After installing launch the software.
- The application will start the automatic scan. Wait for it to get completed.
- If it detects the issue, the repair button will appear. Click on that.
- The repair issue will begin. Do not close the tab until you are notified about the repair.
At times, the antivirus installed in your device restricts the software update. This is because the antivirus considers the update as some kind of malicious activity. Disable your antivirus or uninstall it. You only have to uninstall the antivirus till your update gets completed. You can simply install it back when your update error is fixed.
In case, you didn’t update your operating system then you can encounter this error. It is recommended that you update your iOS to the latest version to eradicate the iTunes update error. You can try updating both your Computer and your iPhone’s operating system. This will clear up any kind of bug that is in your device.
Use troubleshooter ( iTunes update error windows 10)
For Windows users who use iTunes, there is a solution. Just run the troubleshooter. The in-built can easily detect issues for applications then resolve them. You just have to run the troubleshooter. Wait for it to detect the issue. Then it will ask for repair. Click on the Repair button and boom! your issue will be resolved.
These were the solutions to resolve your issue. We hope that we could help you out in resolving this error. Also, don’t forget to check out our other articles. We make highly informative and productive articles. These articles are capable of eradicating errors that you may tend to face. It is always good to stay prepared!