Did you just come across the Windows error 0x80070643? Well, don’t worry, you are not the only one who has encountered this error. The error 0x80070643, technically known as 2018-11 update for windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems (kb4023057) – error 0x80070643 is a type of error that you can experience while updating your operating system. There are times when you can see this error popping during the installation of any program. This error basically means that the update could not be finished or could not be properly installed. This is what causes this error to occur in the first place.
Albeit, this error is kinda tricky there is a lot you can do to eradicate it. We will help you in eliminating the install error – 0x80070643 once and for all. In this post, we will learn about 0x80070643, its causes, and more importantly the methods to troubleshoot it. You just have to follow the steps one by one, then this error can be rectified in no time.
We will see two types of error 0x80070643 – the ways to fix them as well. But first, we need to understand the meaning of this error. So, without further ado, let’s get the boat moving.
What is Windows error 0x80070643?
The windows error 0x80070643 is an error that happens because of an incomplete windows update or installation. It can usually be seen while updating the operating system or when you are installing a program.
What causes this Error 0x80070643?
The (kb4023057) – error 0x80070643 is an outcome of incorrect system settings. So, there can be numerous reasons for this particular error. Let’s have a look at them one by one.
- Your system can be under a malware or virus attack.
- Your system driver can be malfunctioning.
- The system files could have gone corrupted or broken.
- Another possibility is that while you were updating the operating system the older versions were not removed properly.
- If your computer was not turned off competently.
These were the reasons that can give birth to Windows update error 0x80070643. Now, let’s see the two types of 2018-11 update for windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems (kb4023057) – error 0x80070643,.
Types of error 0x80070643
There are two types of Windows error 0x80070643 that you may encounter.
The error 0x80070643 that pops up during windows update
This is the error type that occurs during the update of the Windows operating system. As discussed earlier, it can happen due to the improper or incomplete installation of the update.
The error 0x80070643 that pops up during the program installation
This is the type of error that occurs while you are installing a program on your computer. It usually happens because of a malware attack.
How to fix Windows Update Error 0x80070643?
We will figure out the solutions to both the types of Windows error 0x80070643. You have to choose which type of error you are facing and then try out the solutions for them. Also, you have to make a backup before performing the methods in order to avoid any kind of data loss.
Just try each solution and if it does not fix your issue then simply move on to the next one.
Ways to fix error 0x80070643 that occurred during Windows update
In this, we will rectify the error that happened during the windows update. These are the methods for it.
Solution 1: Installing the latest .Net framework
If your computer does not have a .Net framework then there is a cent percent chance that this error will occur. This is because it is a vital Microsoft component and it is necessary for the update process. The update will not get installed in the absence of this component.
It is also possible that your computer’s .Net framework is outdated. So, here’s how you can download and install the latest version of the .Net framework.
- The initial step is to visit the download website of Microsoft’s .Net framework.
- Now a list will appear and you have to choose the latest version from it to download into your device. Click on it.
- Just click on the download button.
- You will see such an icon. You just have to click on it and follow the instructional window to complete the installation.
- When the installation process is complete, you just have to conduct the windows update again to check if the error still persists or not.
Solution 2: SFC Scan
There is a colossal chance that this error is occurring due to some corrupted files. With the help of an SFC scan, we can easily eliminate these types of files. Here is how to do it.
- From the start menu, you have to enter cmd. Now, you will see the command prompt in the results.
- Right-click on it and choose run as administrator.
- In the command windows simply type FC /scannow and hit enter.
- A scan will start and you have to wait till it is over.
- After the completion of the scan, you have to try updating the operating system again to check if the error is still there or not.
Solution 3: Manual installation of Windows updates
In case the error is still there then you can try out this effective method. In this method, you just have to install the windows update manually. To do this you have to follow the below-given steps.
- The first step for you is to determine your window type. You have to check if you are having a 32-bit or 64-bit window. Also, copy the Kb code that appears on the screen..
- To do this right-click on my computer and select properties. here you will be able to see this.
- After determining the window type, in the start menu, you have to type in windows update.
- A Microsoft update catalog will appear. Here in the search option paste the Kb code that you previously copied.
- Click on it and you have to select the window type that you previously determined.
- Then press on download.
- Wait for the download to complete.
- You just have to install it now by following the instructional window.
Solution 4: Updating Windows Defender
Sometimes the windows defender creates a blockade in updating the windows operating system. updating windows defender will rectify this bug. To update your Windows Defender, you have to follow these steps.
- Firstly, go to Microsoft’s official website and find the update option to Windows Defender.
- You will see a list of options to download from. Select the one that matches your device’s specifications.
- Click on it and the download will start.
- After the download is complete open the file and clicks on it. The installation will start. you just have to follow the instructional window to complete the installation.
- After the installation, you simply have to restart your computer.
Just check if your error still persists or not. Otherwise, just follow the next method.
Solution 5: Disable the antivirus temporarily
There is a huge possibility that your antivirus is blocking the windows update. It happens sometimes because the third party anti-virus considers this as malicious activity. So, it does not allow the operating system to conduct the update. To rectify this, you can try uninstalling the antivirus for some time and then conduct the windows update.
If you don’t want to uninstall the software, you can also disable its functionalities till the update gets completed.
Ways to fix error 0x80070643 that occurred during a program installation
We will see the methods to eradicate the Windows error 0x80070643 which took when you were installing a program.
Solution 1: Restart your computer
There are instances when your computer may require to restart. Some of the previous updates need to get established and changes have to be saved. So, you just have to simply restart your computer to resolve the issue.
Solution 2: Restart of Windows Installer Service
This error can be an outcome of incorrect configuration in your windows installer service. You have to make things right by configuring your Windows installer to its correct standards. To restart the service you have to follow these steps.
- You have to open the run window by pressing the Windows + R keys simultaneously.
- In the run window, you have to put in services.msc, after the hit enter.
- From the list, you have to choose Windows installer and then simply restart.
Hopefully, after carrying out this method your error will be demolished. If not, then try the next method.
Solution 3: Repair .net framework
Your .net framework could be a damaged one. You just have to download the .Net Framework repair tool. It will automatically detect the issue and resolve it. After that, you have to install the .Net framework. This has been discussed above, you can simply check that out.
So, that was it. We hope that we could help out in resolving this problem of yours. You can try these methods by yourself and figure out which one worked well for you.
Don’t forget to check out our other articles that provide solutions to such errors and issues. They will surely turn out to be informative and productive for you. Also Read, Fix- feature update to windows 10, version 1903 – error 0x80080008