There have been many reports by windows users that they are experiencing the avast update helper error 1316. This error shows up with an error message that states error 1316 the specified account already exists. Albeit, it is not a very crucial error, some users are still concerned about their security and privacy.
Anyway, the first thing that you can do is to update your avast antivirus. This will ameliorate the performance of the software. There is always a chance that the older versions have some kind of bug and the new version is usually launched to fix it. So, you can try doing this and there is a colossal chance that your error may get fixed after the update.
If you encountered the error due to a software crash or software update then you will have to follow the instructions that we are about to generate. Don’t worry, the solutions are pretty easy and you can perform them without much of a hectic. Just try each solution one by one until you find the one that works for you.
Without further ado let’s begin.
What are the solutions to avast update helper error 1316?
There are multiple solutions to the error 1316. However, you just have to perform the solutions one by one only till you find the correct solution. Let’s have a look at these solutions.
Solutions for avast update helper error 1316
Solution 1: The built-in repair tool
A big chunk of the cause that generates this error is faulty or improper installation of avast. This can be easily rectified using the in-built repair tool in the avast. This tool will automatically detect the issue and resolve it. So, let’s see how we can do that.
- First of all, launch the vast application.
- Now on the upper right pane, you will see the option of the menu. Click on it.
- Next, in the left pane, you will see the troubleshooting tab. Open it.
- After that, you will come across the button named repair app. All you have to do is to click on it. Next click yes.
- The tool will initiate the repair scan. You have to wait till the process is over. The repair tool will detect and rectify the issue.
- After the completion of the process, you will have to restart your computer.
Solution 2: Update the avast software
Back in 2018, there was a ton of complaints regarding error 1316. the specified account already exists. Trivial it may sound but the most effective solution reported was updating the application. That being said, let’s see how to execute this solution. You just have to follow the steps given below.
- The initial step is to launch the avast application.
- Now, on the upper right corner, click on Menu.
- After that, you will see the option of settings. Click on that.
- In the left pane, within the general tab, the first option will be of update. Click on it.
- Now, you just have to press the check for updates button.
- Wait for the process to get completed.
- Once it is complete, you have to restart your computer.
- After restarting your device, you have to open the Run window by pressing Windows+R keys simultaneously.
- In the search tab, simply type eventvwr.msc, hit enter.
- The event viewer will open up.
- You will be able to see if the error still persists or not.
Solution 3: Avast Secure Browser uninstallation
Surprisingly, the avast secure browser is the diabolic partner in the case of error 1316. This product creates a lot of havoc and eventually leads to this error. ASll we have to do is to uninstall the browser and check if the error is solved or not. To do this, you have to follow these instructions.
- First of all, launch the run window by pressing the windows+R keys.
- Type in appwiz.cpl in the box and hit enter.
- You will see the Programs & Features page.
- From the list, you have to find the Avast Secure Browser.
- Right-click on this and select the uninstall option.
- All you have to do now is to follow the instructional window.
Solution 4: Uninstall third-party applications
At times, some third party applications used for gaming (like shadowplay) causes this error. You will have to figure out these kinds of software on your software. Then, you have to uninstall this software. You can check if the error still exists or not. If it does then try uninstalling similar applications.
Great! You have made it to the end of this article. Hopefully, we could help out in rectifying this error of yours. Don’t forget to check out methods to troubleshoot windows update error 0x8024a105.
If you are still facing this error then you have to contact the customer support team of avast. They will surely be able to help you out.